Friday, February 11, 2011

Well...It's Starting...

Never fails.... Just when you think, you have everything set, in order... ah... the best order, this Chaotic Woman, can possibly have...{actually... as 'Fly by the Seat of My Pants', I am... I usually pull it all together, quite well....{multi tasking, is, my long suit...} It's very Ugly, and nerve racking, for the innocent by standers...I am, quite sure...}
I ordered my receipt books, and business cards, {these are mandatory, at Heart of Country....In my very first contract, with Heart of Country, it said "Dime Store receipt books, are for Dime Stores...not, Heart of Country"...That Libby, was a very Classy, and Amazing, Business Woman... and knew, how much the smallest details Matter....I sure miss her...I called on her, advise, a few times, over the years... She was a Huge Inspiration...} since the flood, of '08, when my favorite printer, closed... I haven't found anyone I wanted to use...but... I had to get these done, for Heart....}I went through a nice woman... a couple of weeks ago...it's been hurry up, and wait.... I told her, last week, I needed them, no later than Thursday, of this week..."No Problem".... I called her back, on Monday... making sure.... she said...well... she would be sure they were here by, Friday.... {see...I'm leaving Monday.....early...} I said, that is a concern... if there is an issue... It's Friday...no work week left...She assured me...no worries... {I had already had...many 'worries'...with these...}
I received the invoices, as promised... at 8:30, this morning.... 500 of them.... all loose... not booked... I grabbed a handful... and threw them, on the dining room table...
See...this...is a Frickin' Problem...I don't have time, to mess with single receipts, when people are waiting in line... I called pal, Steph...and Blew...{I e-mailed the printer, first...and asked her, to please call me...she did, after I had Vented, at Steph...and Peg...oh my...a good thing...} Steph called her printer... they said they could 'book' them... so I bailed in the truck... got lost... trying to find them.... then, when I did... they told me, they couldn't do it.... It would cover the Logo... so...I guess... a clip board... and a little more hassle... I also had to go pick up sacks...and tissue I had ordered, from another local company, this week.... when they brought the box of sacks out... I looked at the box...and asked if they would please open it.... It had been a bad day... nothing was going right...so, before I accept these...ahh..let me see them.... Sure enough... they were 1/3 the size they need to be.... I can't get the right size, until Monday, afternoon... But...See... I'm leaving...early...Monday....MORNING! {everyone, I was dealing with... knew this...} {these were supposed to be in, Wednesday...} I had the Gal helping me,  Google the Hotel's address... and they are shipping them there...they should be in Nashville, by Tuesday....I bought 'in stock, ugly, bags'... Just in Frickin' Case!!! THE FUN NEVER ENDS!!!!
I wasn't going to have any wine, tonight... I'm on my second Tumbler!
{I was very Kind... and Patient...with everyone... today...Bless Their Hearts...}
 Steph and Peg, took the Brunt...{and you...} { Peg was ready to kick butt...She knows EVERYTHING... a good thing, she wasn't here...what a Spit Fire!...Steph and I, are Much Alike... and when we get Lemons ...we make Amazing... Lemon Ade...We just get tired...of squeezing all the frickin' lemons... Man....}
{ I'm still packing...and pricing...and cleaning...and loading...and getting the Truck in Shape...{thanks John...and Mark N.,...oh my... }
Barb C.

1 comment:

vikki said...

~♥sooo sorry u had to deal with that! specially stuff that should be easy & then turns into a major headache! ...very frustrating, to say the least! hope you enjoyed your wine & have some sweet dreams. bill won some tickets to lovin'spoonful tonite...went...very slow start, but they picked up the pace later...awesome drum solo! LoVe drums! & played nashville cats song!{yeah! nashville...here we come!}
pritty soon, we can say to hubs ~ darling be home soon!{LoVe that song!} =) loveya friend. sorry things can be a hassle! hugs & blessings, vikki♥~xoxo