Sunday, January 9, 2011

Nashville Thinkin'....

This is a Funky Wedding Cake...made from logs... I bought it from Cheri P. at my sale, last year...I have it in the shop, for fun...not sale... It's a Great Conversation Piece...
I may be taking this little Pink,{not salmon...pink...and proud of it!} Hanging Corner Cupboard....It's older than dirt...I bought it, to keep...but...ya gotta do...what ya gotta do...
The Old Sampler, will be fun....Lots of Spring color!!!
This is a skirt I bought, at a second hand shop, to make a lamp shade out of...It's perfect!!!! I gathered it, at the waist, with green velvet ribbon... and put it over a wire hanging planter, turned upside down... and...voila'...a gnarly, paisley lamp shade! {it looks Darling in person!}
This chair is so perfect...with gnarly fragments of Crazy Quilts, on it...The Chair is an awesome Chartreuse... Like It!

Dale popped in the shop, yesterday...I'm kind of like a Deer  standing in the road..with trucks coming at me... I have miles of open fields to run...but am focused on the ground, my feet are planted! I don't think I have a thing, to take to the show... Dale spun around the shop...and said.."take that...and that...and that..." It was great... a fresh pair of eyes...who know the market, in Nashville!
Liz, Nick and I went to see 'True Grit', last night...If you have never seen the original....it's good... True Grit, is one of my Fav's... I can relate to much of it...{even when my Dad took me to see the original, when I was 5...I could relate to it...}So....it's safe...they couldn't touch it....
I ran down, the 'Rabbit Hole', this morning, looking for my camera... found it, after searching the truck...twice...the shop...twice...and the house...it was in the shop... So...  I snapped the above images...I truly feel blessed, this morning, to be able to find a safe, other world, down that Rabbit Hole.... I have been watching the news... and praying, for all involved, with the tragedy, in Arizona...after watching the footage, this morning... I felt the Rabbit Hole, was like another World... far...far away....Glad I misplaced the camera....
My Love to You...
Barb C.
{I'm spending the afternoon, down the Rabbit Hole... you're welcome to come join me....} 

No comments: