Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hmmmm...

As I was cleaning today, I ran across these Old Coin Silver Spoons {ca. late 1700's to Civil War era...actually hand made, from silver coins... slightly less silver content, than Sterling..} I don't remember where I bought these...
I'm sure it will come to me...{well... almost, sure...} They weren't with my collection...so, I gave them a gentle bath, and packed them for Heart...Folks that attend that Show, know what Coin Silver is...around here, people don't understand it...my friend Julie, got me interested in it, many years ago...Then, Martha Stewart wrote about it...I use it, for every day...The spoons are very thin, so, no heavy duty work, for them... but they are great for a Coffee Spoon... and make you feel good, when you use them...they feel wonderful in your hand...

Nothing surprises me anymore... so... when I tell people a story... or, we are in conversation... and they get chills...{it happens, often} I don't think a thing of it....
Life is a Journey... and their are no, coincidences, on this Journey... oh yes...I mean it, when I say, I see people as a Spirit... yes... they have a physical, flesh body... but if you look closer... we all have something that surrounds us...that is ageless...weightless...an Aura, an Energy, that fluctuates, with our feelings...{ask anyone who knows me well... my 'energy', is like a 'mood ring' they say, they can feel it, when I'm on one extreme, or another...hmmm...}....I also know it leaves our bodies, when we die...{and...I believe, goes to Heaven... some, may linger here, for a while...{ I have seen evidence of this, as well... believe it, or not...} I remember running my hand, through my Dad's hair, a few hours after he died...at that very moment, I knew he was totally gone... My Sister, Chery, as well... I clipped a bit of her hair, after she past away...nothing... she was gone...the energy, that surrounds our being, leaves our bodies... Animals are the same way...
I called my Little friend, from Franklin, Tennessee, yesterday... Scarlett Scales...{she is on face book, has a web site, and a blog..She has an open Store, in Franklin, and does Brimmfield, and the Country Living Fairs!}
Scarlett and I, pretty much turn it loose, when I'm in Nashville... {she's engaged, this year... so...we'll have to behave... ah...Scarlett...not me!} Scarlett and I have many parallels... She has a very close relationship, with her Dad... She's been 'Old', since she was very young, and she's a whirl wind...We are about 20 years apart... but our Spirits, are simpatico...{this story, is not about death... it's about how our Spirits are drawn to each other...and how, we are connected, by something, we don't understand...I gotta tell ya... it's like falling down the Rabbit Hole...and if you haven't seen the movie, 'Alice in Wonderland' with Johhny Depp...go get it.... and watch it a couple of times... I think you may see a parallel or two...}
I wanted to let her know, I'm coming down, for 'Heart', and would so Love to get together...{Scarlett has done the Heart Show, many times, and, The Garden Show, in Nashville, a week prior, to Heart...This year, she has committed to the Garden Show... her inventory fits it, best, this year...}
I also wanted to tell her, about Liz, naming her Babe, Scarlett.... She was thrilled! I told her how I knew it was going to be a girl, from the moment she told me she was expecting...I also told Scarlett, I was relieved, it was a girl, because the 'boys' name was going to be 'Absalom'....{nothing wrong with Absalom...my Dad's name was Marion... it would just take a bit of getting used to...}I laughed... Scarlett didn't... she said "oh my Gosh...I just got chills...." then silence..."Way back in the day... back in the late 1700's, early 1800's...a Great... Great...Great... Grandfather, built a Huge Antebellum Mansion, that is known as the 'Absalom Scales' House...His name was Absalom..." She was taken back... it really didn't surprise me...
If you pay attention, to the journey...and keep a watchful eye out... you'll see...these types of things happen, all of the time...little, and, not so little signs...what they mean.... well, that's for each of us to figure out...
Hmmmm...
Have an Insightful Day!
Barb C.
here are some words, that keep crossing my path...Romeo...Scarlett...beautiful...simply...{that one, started over 10 years ago...and keeps coming...} and..of course the phrase, 'it is what it is'...
hmmm.....{ I have also found it, very strange... I deleted a lot of the old songs, I love, off of the blog... and guess what... They are playing most of them, over and over on the radio... what's up with that...?...They don't play 'old' songs on the stations I listen to... I must need to hear them... strange...}

3 comments:

vikki said...

~♥what a beautiful story! too cool! i believe all our paths cross somehow, we are all related someway...when my mom died (will be 9years} i LOVED ♥ Led Zeppelin, stairway to heaven... had an ol' turntable record player, that only outlet upstairs in the farm house was in the hallway, & bathroom across the hall from my room... always cranked that baby out, could hear her yet, yelling to 'turn it down' sometimes there was a cuss word turn that @&%# down! they do not play that much on the radio... i love. all kinds of music... so listen to different stations, etc... & on the way to the funeral home, it played! it was soo cool...of course writing this now i am bawlin'... missyoumom! [will always love you & will see ya!} sorry... but felt to write this... i also walked that morn with our shepherd & an eagle was way up in the sky...thought it was a crow, swooped down, ceiling height or less, another sign that i felt that she was okay & up with Our Lord. {even tho i was mad at Him for taking her & did not know as much as i do now about all of that, which is one of my big regrets, still even now i am a work in progress} songs are soo cool, how they can play when you seem to need to hear them, or being outside in Gods' beauty seeing all the lovely nature. How blessed we are...blessed to have read this today, when thinking of mom & how different people, places, things, touch all our lives. soo blessed to have you in my life, my lil earth angel. loveya dear friend... with many hugs & blessings, vikki xoxoxoxo

Simply Iowa said...

It's amazing, how these things happen... I remember the first year I did Nashville, with Julie...I was a little on edge... the booth, and expenses, were over the top... We drove an 81 Ford, with a couple hundred thousand miles... pulling a big trailer... the truck looked like the Beverly Hillbillies...it was the middle of Winter...and we were doing a Show with the BIG BOYS....I mean...Top, in the Country...with, Iowa Farmhouse Style... {Libby had faith in us... God Bless Her...} I could feel Dad, with me...everything went, above and beyond, what we could have dreamed of... and when the Music started...at the Show... They played Somewhere my Love.... My Dad's song...{not what you should hear in Nashville...} it played, many times, over the course of the show...
Vikki...This is a Journey...and God wants us to grow, he knows we are going to get angry... but, it pleases Him, watching us, on this Journey, to Him... He knows...we are Human... and Loves us...anyway...ahhh...a Father's Love...{Mothers..too....}
My Love to Ya!
Barb C.

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommend by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.