Thursday, January 27, 2011

Elizabeth's First Baby....

I ran across these images, as I was cleaning, this afternoon......in preporation, for her Baby Shower, on Sunday...
This image was taken Christmas Morning... about 18 years ago... Liz was 5... She had fallen in Love with this Old Dolly... She begged me, for her...I told her, I'd have to think about it...and set it back, for several months...On Christmas Morning, I had the Old Dolly in a Gnarly Old Wicker Buggy....with tons of clothes, I had gathered for the Old Doll.... I told Liz, we could have the Doll's Face repainted, and restored... She looked at me, with those Big Brown Eyes, and said..."Oh No, Mama... I Love Her, Just The Way She Is"... {wonder where she got that from?} and gave the Old Doll a Gentle Squeeze...We still have that Baby... I should try and find her...
Amazing...I was telling Liz, last night, about the Big Mirror... and the sight, behind it...She said that mirror had been there for at least 15 years... My Lord.... where does the time go... it seems... it was just a couple of Christmas' ago, I gave Liz, her first Baby...
as I was cleaning the Old Medicine Cabinet Mirror, I wondered... if it could speak, what it might say... like.."You think I look bad... what happened to YOU, these last 15 years!" Oh my... 15 years...
Steph just texted me...said Red Wine, makes you live longer... I called her back...and said...Guess we'll live forever...
where's the cork screw....
I'm off the wagon...
Barb C.

2 comments:

vikki said...

~♥yep, u need to find the dolly, look even a scarlet colored dress!pics are wayyy too cute! & double yep, about the wine! hope you have a glass for me, or two...thanx for the insightful day! have a good one, m'friend...
hey, did u get my e*mail from sunday? about ♥heart ♥of country? i know u had alot on your mind with the show & the shower on sunday...just lemme know... & would love. to come & look at some of your quilts, too... loveya friend with many hugs & blessings, vikki♥~

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Vikki...
I did Not get an e-mail, from you...I don't think...I don't remember anything about Heart... Free to call...319-241-1348
I am leaving another comment, with yours, about your Mom...and
Stairway to Heaven...
My Love to You...
Barb C.