Thursday, November 18, 2010

Soul...

This Old Shoe, has been in the shop, for years... It's not for sale, anymore...it's just....well... part of the place... It almost brings tears to my eyes, when I look at it... a hole worn through the leather sole... so tattered, and worn... I wonder... who was the woman, that wore it... where she was from...what her life was like... day to day... It reminds me of the Movie, {my favorite movie, of all times} Gone With the Wind.... when Scarlett is back at Tara, during the war... they have nothing...{Pork, one of the House Slaves, just had the horse shod... She said to him..."It's a fine day, when a horse can have shoes, and people can't!"} they are all skin and bones, picking cotton, trying to hold on... later, a Yankee comes into the House... to rob them, of what little they have left... Scarlett tries to get up the squeaky old staircase, to the table on the landing, where a revolver is hidden, in the drawer... she slips her shoes off, to be quiet...her shoes, look exactly like this... oh..my.... We think we have things tuff... ah... not so much... We have Blessings... many...Blessings...{if you have never seen the movie... she gets the revolver... and the Yankee... well...he gets a very close look at the revolver...} I'm on the road, in the morn, heading, quickly, to Illinois... a friend called on a Harvest, or Farm table... I really appreciate the call... and hope it's something I can use... Have a Wonderful Friday... Barb C.

1 comment:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I don't blame you for hanging on to this treasure. If only it could tell the stories....
I am dreaming of a nice harvest table myself. Someday......
★Linda★