Monday, November 22, 2010

Girl's Night Out!

Had a Wonderful Evening with the Girls...Saturday... {left to right...me, Gail, Amy, Liz and Polly...{we are all Antiquers....} We all seem to have been climbing Mountains, this last year or two... but...we always seem to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off... and move forward... there were several more, I wish, could have joined us... but, this won't be our last venture! The Light House Supper Club, is located on Mt.Vernon Road, in Cedar Rapids.... They have Live Jazz, on Friday and Saturday Nights.... I don't go often... so, when I do, it's a real treat.... The food is wonderful, and the atmosphere, is perfect, for a little get away.... The cost, is no more, than a chain, steak house.....but, this is a truly, one of a kind experience...{they have been independently owned, for almost a 100 years...I love to watch folks dance, and love the feel... I'm sure it was really something, back in the day... 40's, 50's and 60's... Liz said she read on the web, it had quite a following...and even a few seedy characters, enjoyed the place...Sinatra, would probably enjoyed it...} I'm working around the house, and gathering things for Thanksgiving... It's just going to be us... and... That's o.k. {the kids are coming over... and that will be great...I'll make plenty, so they can dine on leftovers, for a while!} Hope Everyone Has the Most Amazing Monday! Barb C.