Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cleaning....

{this is one of the images, on a mid 1800's Clock, door glass... It's one of my favorites... I bought it from my friend, Ray, several years ago... It's so perfect, for this time of year... it, always makes me smile...}
I try and get the house, halfway cleaned, before the Holidays... I've come down with the crud.... not horrible... but, I hate being sick...I took a healthy swig of NyQuil, last night... and tried a breathe right nasal strip, {they say it works, when you have a stuffy nose, in the night...} When I woke up, this morning, and let Polly out.... the snap must have been a bit frozen.... when I went to let her in, a few minutes later, she was gone.... just a cable on the ground.... I grabbed my coat... called John,{so he'd help me look for her} couldn't find my shoes...{still groggy, from the NyQuil}...ran out the door...{17 degrees}...barefooted... to meet Polly...and John...headed for the door... she had run to his shop, and John put her on the run, back to the house... oh dear.... John looked at me kind of funny... I just walked back in the house.... very relieved....{ I felt dazed... I couldn't even manage, 'thank you'... it took the last bit of adrenaline, to run out the door...} Then.. I walked into the bathroom... to wash my face... to see myself in the mirror, for the first time, today..... Glasses crooked...because the nose strip was stuck to them, and half stuck on my nose... my hair looked like a shredded mop, half down, half ratted in a rubber band on the top of my head.... Oh dear... John's going to have nightmares, for months... all I can say, is thank God, he found Polly so quick.... I would have been running all over the neighborhood, yelling for Polly... barefooted, with a nasal strip hanging off my face....and a bush, on my head...
I'm goin' to get cleaning...Get the Turkey thawing... make the cranberry relish... I really love this time of year... I love to clean the house.... get reacquainted with it... stroll down memory lane, with all of the treasures... gifts, from friends....old, soulful things, I have rescued, over the years....I wind all of the 30 hour clocks, that John doesn't like to wind...and let them sing.... I'll have images on, later.... I need to get rollin'...
Have a Great Day....
Barb C.

2 comments:

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Beautiful clock!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Carolyn :)

summersundays-jw said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Jan