Monday, November 1, 2010

Ahh...Therapy...

Jumer's Castle Lodge...{The Lodge} I Love this Place... I could move right in... Oh my... After a Long Day running... lugging... hauling... loading... and... stressing... a Great Meal, and Great Company... by a Roaring Fire... and a couple of Martini's...{with four olives each...whew...} {I wasn't driving!} Well,... that spells 'Therapy'... for me... This is the Main Dining area... a very bad image... Go see it in person... It's Wonderful... Maurina, making a 'Bee-Line', for her favorite spot, at the Castle... right next to the Fireplace... ahhh... Maurina, by the Fire Place... Maurina phoned this morning...as I was soaking in a Hot, Hot Bubble bath....It's been way too long, since I have soaked in a bubble bath... {I know that sounds bad... I shower, daily.... but, I prefer a bath...{a long...hot...steamy...bath...} just... no time...for, way too long.... so... today was a treat....} I have a million and one things, on my plate..... but... when she asked if I'd like to make a run to Illinois... well....I didn't think for long.... I was grabbin' a towel...and out the door!
I gathered some great stuff, for the Primitive Open House, in December... and the Holiday Open House, on the 13th and 14th of November...{Like I needed one more thing... I am a sick person!}
Then we made our usual stop, at Jumer's, on the way home.......My old pal, Julie and I used to always stop there for supper....after a long buying trip...{12 hours on the road, an hour, basking in elegance...like it! { and... am coming to realize... deserve it... life is way too short...} It is amazing... I could so live there....Jumer's Castle Lodge, in Davenport, Iowa... {the 'Kimberly Road' exit} I guess I am sort of a Goddess.... I Love a Wonderful, Over the Top, Dining experience! {that's the big reason, I do Heart of Country, in Nashville.... It's at the Opryland Hotel... You want to see 'Over the Top'.... They treat you like a Queen... and, I'm all over that!}
It was great therapy... Maurina is a good listener... and... sympathiser...we both hoe, a mighty tuff row... But...we are still standin'.... And... moving forward! My favorite saying, these days, "I'd Rather Die Standin'...than live... on my knees"...
I'm...{We're} still Standin'! {and... lookin' up... giving 'Thanks'...}
Barb C.
{images of gatherings, tomorrow...}

4 comments:

Betty G said...

Looks like a wonderful place!!!! A little bit of Heaven! I am so glad you were able to go there and enjoy yourself. You definitely deserve it hon! Luv~Betty :)

Simply Iowa said...

See, Betty.... Your comment, is exactly why I love you so...You give me permission, to enjoy... I feel guilty, sometimes, about going to some of these amazing places... but... if I didn't, every now and then...well what's the point of working hard...
I hope you have a 'Heavenly' place, to enjoy...You deserve it, too...
My Love to Ya!
Barb C.

vikki said...

~♥ Hi Sweet Friend! sooo glad to hear you take Barb time! Glad Maurina did, too! You work hard & deserve to *treat* yourself! Kinda like a *princess* feeling in jumers...in a big castle! have not been there in years! Happy that you go out & about & write about your adventures...love.hearing/reading them! Embrace life as you do ~ knowing that paths have puddles ~ & we choose to stand & dance {always dance!} around or thru them, trying not to to git bogged down by them. Keep smiling m'dear friend & do not feel guilty, you enjoy yourself...with love & hugs & blessings, Vikki ♥~ xoxoxoxoxox

Simply Iowa said...

Hey, Miss Vikki...
So good to hear from you... I see your face,as I read your comment... and it makes me smile....You, make me smile... You are an amazing person... and... very... uplifting...
Thank You...
My Love to Ya...
Barb C.