Sunday, October 3, 2010

White Flag....

Thanks to everyone, who has attended the Fall Sale... and all of the sweet comments... However... I raise the 'white flag', this morning....as you all know... you want to bring me to my knees... bring in the animals.... A man, somehow, worked his way, through the boxes, and massive lamps, and mountains of storage, in my breeze way, then walked into my house, he said he'd seen some things in the window, and wanted to look at them...{this is the first time, anyone has ever walked in the house, during a sale, in 15 years....} and into my kitchen.... where my Polly stopped him, and bit his hand as he went back out the door... We fixed his hand up, it wasn't bad, but was bleeding.... sent him to the doctor, to have it looked at, no stitches, they cleaned it and wrapped it... but... my Polly has to be quarantined for 10 days... I called the vet, right away... by law, he said, whether your pet is up to date on shots, or not, they must be quarantined, for 10 days....at the pound..... I asked them, at the shelter, if our vet could keep her, and they agreed... Polly has never been away from home.... I've had her for 8 years, she was rescued, as a pup... I had Liz and John take her...it's an hour and 15 minutes away...I could never bare to leave her....Polly has never bitten anyone... She's my best friend....

9 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

Can't believe someone had the nerve to walk into your house. So sorry about your dog. The man should have been quarantined. Jan

The Nest said...

I am sooo sorry Barb. I have been thinking about you since we left yesterday. My heart go out to you & Polly, praying you both find the strength to find your way through the next 10 days. Polly was only doing what she thought was right, protecting her house from this stranger that made his way in. It just doesn't make since, don't you think he should have asked before just walking into to a house that no one else was going into??? I am just so sorry you have one more thing to deal with on top of everything else that has happened lately. Lydia & I had a wonderful time & it is always nice to see you & the gang. Lydia loved to see Peg & Chloe too! You all are so nice to us. Love, Amy

The Tattered Cottage said...

What was that man thinking...walking into your house? Poor Polly, hopefully she won't be too sad during her stay at the vet. That man should be the one locked up!
Toni

vikki said...

~♥OMGOSH SWEET SWEET BARB! POOOR LIL POLLY! AND NOW AFTER THE SALE, WHEN YOU WOULD HAVE HAD SOME TIME TO RELAX WITH HER! DAMMIT ANYHOW! ALWAYS SOMETHING HUH?? WE DO NOT EVEN KENNEL LIL' OTIS, SEEMS SO HARSH TO CAGE THEM. {EVEN THO I KNOW IT IS OK} SO I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. EVEN IF WE WERE TO GO AWAY... WE EITHER LEAVE HIM LOOSE @ HOME, IF WEATHER TOO COLD OR HOT FOR HIM IN THE VEHICLE, OR TAKE HIM WITH US. WE HAVE THOUGHT OF GOING AWAY FOR A FEW, IF WE DO WE WILL HAVE SOMEONE COME & WATCH HIM OR WE WILL TAKE HIM, OR STAY HOME... WHICH I LOVE! I AM SOOO SORRY M'DEAR FRIEND... I KNOW HOW U FEEL... WE HAD ANOTHER SHEPHERD BEFORE RUGER, AND A GIRL KEPT STEPPING ON HIS TAIL.. OF COURSE MOM WAS TOO BUSY TO WATCH HER {DURING A GARAGE SALE I HAD} HE WAS CHAINED, OUT OF THE WAY OF THE PEOPLE WHO CAME... OF COURSE I TOLD HER SEVERAL TIMES TO LEAVE HIM ALONE, MOM GAVE ME DIRTY LOOKS... SURE ENUF HE SNAPPED AT HER! WENT ON HER ARM, HAD ON A PUFFY STUFFED COAT, BUT CLAIMED HE PUNCTURED HER. {DID NOT SEE ANY, WAS NOT EVEN RED!} HE JUST GRABBED HER ARM! SENT HER TO DR & OFFERED TO PAY BILLS. THREE DAYS LATER SHE CAME BACK & SAID IT WAS SORE... WAS THE OTHER ARM! PEOPLE!!! I FEEL FOR YA M'FRIEND... IF U NEED TO TALK OR GIT AWAY CALL ME... LOVEYA WITH HUGS & BLESSINGS, VIKKI ♥~

Kay said...

Stupid man.... what did he expect. Polly to just lay down and let him rob you blind. Good Polly....she deserves a t-bone steak when she comes home... WHEN she comes home.
Hugs to Polly's person.

Anita said...

When I had my shop in the big Victorian, I had a velvet rope across the stairs with a sign that said "private." One day, I found someone upstairs in our living space because they "wanted to see the view off that fabulous porch." I told them it was the same as the 1st floor- of the brown ranch house across the street! The nerve of some people...

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Wow, the nerve of him, I am outraged! It's like hello knock!
People/Strangers men or women should just not stroll into anyone's home! It is our home, our place to be safe!I could go on & on! and I am just saying usually animals can tell by instinct if a person is good or bad>>>so way to go Polly for being a protector, I am so...so...sorry she has to be locked up(not fair)I agree summersundays Quarantine him!
Give Polly hugs & kisses!
Teresa

Betty G said...

I am so sorry! That man should be locked up for trespassing! Polly was defending her home. She's a very good girl. Sending love and hugs to both of you. It will all be okay again very soon, sweetie. Please find comfort in knowing she is in good care and you will be together very soon! Luv~Betty

Dale said...

If that had happened at my place the dog would be fine and I'd have to hide the body!