Monday, October 18, 2010

New 'Iowa Farmhouse Style' post... finally...

Finally took a minute to write about the redo, in the spare bedroom...{Justin's old room} I had John paint it Granny Smith Apple Green... {He won't let me paint.... I paint fast, and heavy... one coat... Thick....I have patience for many things... painting isn't one of them...}{ I Love this Color! It goes with much, much more than you might think... and it really calms the nerves... I'll take all of that, I can get... } I'll be sharing images, as I go... It will be like a bedroom from the mid 1800's to early 1900's... I'll be putting some of our Patriotic things in this room, as well...The rug is a turn of the century, worn, wool room sized rug... Oriental... The colors are great....{it even has a little orange in it... unusual, when the primary rug color is red...} I'll be posting all sorts of images, in the next couple of weeks...{check out 'Iowa Farmhouse Style', for more details...}
Steph{stephanie brandenburg studios} and I went to Leonardo's for a long, Martini Lunch today... a much needed session....She's leaving for a Fabric Show, in Houston, Texas, next week... and I'm still trying to stay vertical... oh dear... It was great therapy, for both of us...
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday...
Barb C.

2 comments:

cconz said...

Love the apple green!! i just painted my upstairs hallway that same color. I love it. very calming.Speaking of Stephanie, i bought that fabulous green couch you sold her. She even delivered it. WHAT a SWEETIE!! Love the couch, It's just beautiful in the living room.

pollyanns said...

Hey... that's my living room color! Love it... see you Saturday... Polly