Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Little Tree...it has 'Muchness'...

Months ago, while visiting my friend, Charlie, in Southern Iowa.... He told me, he had been saving something, for me.... we walked to his front porch...and inside a little old box, sitting by his front door... was this Gnarly, Little Tree...{ It brought tears to my eyes...still does....} I love these trees.... They are from the mid 1900's...usually covered in bright berries, and fruit...{Jan, from 'Summer Sundays', recently bought some beautiful ones from me....} This one.... well.... to say the least.... Charlie knows me well... It had been discarded.... and thrown in the box, where it lost all of it's beautiful color... Yet.... retained it's berries... as if to say..."The World can attempt to drain me... but... the World can't take away my 'Muchness'!".....The Little Tree, is a Survivor.... I LOVE THESE THINGS!!!!
I'll be working on Christmas this weekend...for the Little Shop's Open House... I can hardly wait... A Celebration, for the Best Survivor... ever.... our Savior....
Hope Everyone has the most Beautiful Wednesday....
Barb C.

3 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

What a wonderful little tree. Mine have been setting on a cabinet since we came home. I love them. We start decorating next Mon. morning & are closed until Thurs. eve. Then the fun begins -- another holiday season! Have a great day. Jan

The Tattered Cottage said...

What a darling little tree. And what a sweet friend Charlie is to think of you.
Toni

House Things said...

Simply Beautiful...I Love It! Is the chair that the tree is sitting on in your home, or shop? It looks beautiful as well! Can't wait until your Open House!!!