Monday, October 11, 2010

I wanna come home...

My Polly gets to come home... this, afternoon... I know... some of you think I'm crazy... But... when I moved away from my Mother's home, and, out on my own... I was 15 years old... My Best Friend was Dolcey...a Great Dane...{rescued} We moved into a 10 by 50 trailer, in the Winter... it had an old screen door, with plywood over it, for a door,{no lock}{not good, with -10 below outside...}... and no pipes under the sink,{they had frozen, and broken} just a 5 gallon bucket... that I poured down the tub drain, after washing dishes... the furnace wouldn't turn on and off, so I did it manually... but...we had heat... I bought the trailer, for 600.00...{I am so thankful, for that Home...That I had enough money to buy it....} we lived there all Winter...
{I have heard some of my friends make fun of that old Trailer Court.... They say, it's got a lot of 'White Trash' in it... well... they only say it once... to me, anyway... after I tell them, that's where I started out... Good... Kind... people there... and... great memories...} I don't think I could have made it, without Dolcey's unconditional love...
Having Polly taken away... well... I really couldn't grieve more, over a human... sorry... if this offends some of you...{ tho, she is alive...and has been with wonderful people... just having to give her up... well... it's like, I would imagine, having a child taken away...wrongly...unjustly...}
In my life... I have Never... been loved... by any human...so unconditionally... as by my Animals...They Love me... no matter...
This has been a horrible 10 days...and with the loss of Maggie... just before... I'm waiting for the next shoe to drop...
Barb C.
{ I have sent Prayers out, for Carolyn M... She is at rest... with her beloved, Roger... Heaven is a Sweet Home...and a bit more beautiful, with Carolyn's decorating abilities...can't wait to see what she does with the place...May God Bless their Souls...}

2 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

What a life you've lived! Your sweet dog was beautiful -- would love to see his reaction when he sees you. Happy homecoming! Jan

Betty G said...

I wish I could be there too when you get to bring your sweet pup home! Love to you both~Betty