Thursday, October 28, 2010

Gypsy?

I'm on the road, again, today.... Making deliveries... and visiting old friends... I have to say... at the Mid West Show... I had many compliments on the booth... and...my appearance... I was a little shocked... I asked Mark{my Show Partner} about it, later... His reply... "Well... most people are used to you in jeans...and a flannel shirt... and... you were wearing shoes... at the show..." Oh my gosh... I am such a hick! Actually... I heard several times... in passing... the term...'Gypsy'...hmmm...{guess my hair is pretty dark.... and I like 'Barefoot Bubbly' champagne...and... my wine of choice is 'Gnarly Head'}.... Oh my Gosh... I've turned into a Gypsy! Totally lost my mind...and turned into a Gypsy... My sister, Merry Jo, always said I was a 'Free Spirit'... and old Henry Katz... always called me, his Barefoot Princess...as I was hauling in loads of iron, on the Ford Ton Flatbed...{ not much has changed.... I should call the little Ford... 'The Gypsy Wagon'!} Oh my Gosh... I think I hear tambourines!
Hope everyone has a Gnarly Thursday! {go ahead... kick off those shoes...and...hmmm... let me see your palm....oh dear....}
{oh my gosh.... my favorite perfume/ fragrance, is, and has always been Patchouli Oil....John has always said, when I pull in with the Ford, racked and stacked.."The Gypsies are home"...Oh dear... The Mad Hatter... and Gypsy.... I smell trouble... and Patchouli...}
Barb C.

12 comments:

Jobove - Reus said...

very good blog, congratulations
regard from Reus Catalonia
thank you

sue in mexico mo said...

I have to get up north and meet you! I know I will like you! Have fun today.

summersundays-jw said...

I think you should string Christmas lights up on the old truck & hook them up to the battery (multi-colored). Have a great Thurs. Jan

Simply Iowa said...

So...Sue...Let me see your palm...hmmm...

Simply Iowa said...

Oh Jan...
I think there are enough distractions...on the truck.... Yeeeessssh!
Barb C.
{can't wait to see Christmas, at Your Beautiful Store!}

Anonymous said...

They both sound interesting, I will look for them next time im at the store. I have always thought that a gypsys life would be a great adventure. Oh and you looked great at the show!
Take Care Janet

Betty G said...

I just might have to head East to see you for my palm reading too. I love free spirits. Kindred spirits too! Love you~Betty

Amy N said...

Isn't it funny how others see in us what we don't see?? LOL I'd have to agree with the Gypsy within you & let me say, in my opinion that is a good thing. Think about it, off in who knows what direction with a phone call, vehicle loaded (overloaded) here there everywhere feeling like you're walking the tight rope but some how always landing on your feet : ) It makes you you and it is why we love you!
Have a great day
Amy N

Simply Iowa said...

Thanks Janet...
A Gypsy's life... Hmmm...Yep...I think I could pull it off! Rings on my fingers...bells on my toes... and living out of the truck... Hmmm... I do half of that, already!
It's amazing what a 12 dollar velvet dress, black heels and stockings can do for an old Gypsy...oh and BIG HAIR!{another Gypsy trait...oh dear..I love Big Hair! Liz does too... Gypsy genes must run in the family!!!}
I really had a great time, at the show...but... it was a bit strange...
Barb C.

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Betty...
We Have to meet...someday.... I always love seeing your comments... and am drawn to you... we connect...somehow...
Yes.... a Gypsy trait...
You are a kind, gentle spirit...
My Love to Ya!
Barb C.

Simply Iowa said...

Amy, Amy, Amy...
You are the Woman! Oh my gosh... You are, if anyone is...A Gypsy...Oh my....Sharp as a tack... Quick...and sooo Funny! Those gears are always spinnin'!
I can't thank you enough, for everything... For consoling, during my sale... after the 'Polly' episode...and then, showing up, out of the blue, to help load, at Mid West...I owe ya a big one!
You are an Angel...
Barb C.
{now that I think of it... you even mix amazing potions... another Gypsy trait...
I just drink 'em.... strait from the bottle... some days...what a hick...}

Amy N said...

the best potions are served from a ball jar ; )I'll be working up a batch of holiday spirit and make a delivery to you for sure!!! One Gypsy (hick) to Another Darlin' Looking forward to the day we can catch up over a ball jar!!