Friday, October 29, 2010

Fern Hill...Christmas...

Merry Christmas.... Love it... Amazing.... Did I mention, Fern Hill has Vintage Quilts.... Hundreds of the most Amazing Vintage Quilts.... and New Amish Quilts....Oh Dear... Silver Bells... I love the 'Silver' look... The soft, silver... tarnished silver... oh dear.. Ahhh...Christmas... Home Made Fudge.... Grrr... Home Made Pie...Grrr... Steph's Studio... I sold her the Gnarly Sofa.... Couldn't ya just flop on it, and flip through a great Mag! One of Steph's Quilts...Amazing... Well... I got as far as Fern Hill, yesterday....and enjoyed every moment of it.... You know how I love Christmas... Well... Fern Hill is really Amazing...with all of the unusual Christmas Decor... It's not Vintage...but... my favorite 'Vintage' was brand spankin' new, once! I loved all of the Massive architectural pieces... and am thinking on a Corner Cupboard...Linda and Patty, tried to tempt me with their Wonderful Homemade Fudge, and Pie... but... I declined... {I'm Trying.... to be good...boo hoo!}{Fern Hill is open 7 days a week....319-622-3627...They Ship around the world... They have been in most issues of Country Gardens.... and contributes to many Quilting magazines, Country Gardens, and Architectural Digest.... They are...simply...Amazing....}
If you are traveling through Iowa, on Interstate 80.... Fern Hill is only a few miles south of 80...in South, Amana....You Must stop in and see them... and be entranced!
If you are a Quilter... or sew... You Must Stop... Their fabric selection is to die for... and...Stephanie Brandenberg, designer, has one of her studio's there, as well as her entire line....{Steph is an unbelievable artist... her lines are from her original oil paintings... she just came out with castings, from 150 year old textiles... they will knock your socks off!} amazing...{Stephanie Brandenberg Studios} She is in Houston, Texas, doing a Textile Show, now... Patty will join her tomorrow... These Girls really move and shake!

1 comment:

Kay said...

My parents had a Gnarly Couch like that. I loved it. Too bad it's long gone to the Big Living Room in the Sky. ;o)