Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Mid West Show...History...

Well..... We all survived... It was a Great Show... Images... well... guess you just had to be there...{Janet....} I forgot my camera... so... no images, 'til we were taring down.... all I can say is.... I heard it over and over... This was the most beautiful show, bar none.... I'm not just saying it... The customers were Blown Away....It Was an Amazing Show.... Lots of happy people...Lot's of bags being carried...lots of furniture being hauled out...and the shippers were thrilled!
I bought some fun stuff! Chery and Lois saved some wonderful textiles back, for me... oh my... I love them! {The Amazing Woven Silk Victorian Panels, from a Museum, Sold...{They looked like woven Amana, or Amish rugs... but they were all in silk... and were drapes....Oh my...{the colors were to die for...}
It was So wonderful seeing Everyone... Cindy B. from Lady Bug Antiques, had saved some Silver Plaques, with the Motto's I collect...{At Rest} Love 'em! It was great seeing my dear old Pal, Linda G., {it's been...forever..} Jean S., and friends...Deb, from Sisters'...Stanley and Klarika...Carolyn A....Lynn and Lea...John W.....Allyson...Connie...Wanda {Gatherings} Linda...Amy and Lydia... Matt and Sarah... Dale F.... Colleen... Dan and Jo {Jo-Dan's}...Gail....Polly Ann {Polly Ann's} Just Everyone...Hugs and Kisses... oh dear!
Liz came and helped sooo much... I will have to say, the booth was pretty good..... we had 32 feet, covered all the walls with a natural, soft white, canvas... then, Sweet Barb, from Sister's Garden, was so kind to cut a huge variety of Greenery, and Crab Apple branches, and had them ready, when I delivered some things, her way{and I picked up the Gnarly Martin House!}...I filled in with my own Bittersweet, and Sweet Annie...We bordered the entire booth with it, and the Log Doors... It was pretty cool... The crowd seemed to like it...{ it's kind of funny.... when we start setting a booth... we always have many, many raised eyebrows... from other dealers.... we do look like a disorganized bunch of Ya Hoos... But... by the last minutes, just before the doors open... it all falls together... and we get the nod, of approval....}
It was an Amazing Show... Just when you think it can't get any better... It blows you away.... oh my!
Barb C.
{next Mid West Show...April 10th... be there....}
{A SPECIAL THANKS to Amy... She popped in, at load out...and helped us load...Liz said, "who is that Woman?!" Wow... she was running... and loading! What a Wonderful Surprise!!! I owe her a a Big One!!!}
Last weeks Dancing Partner... I thought, when I talked about it, last week, in the blog, it was about 10 foot long... ahhh nope...11'3.... We waltzed around the truck, several times, loading, and unloading... He's Californy Bound... The Guys from Urban Country thought it was as cool as I do...
Mid 1900's Log Doors... They really made the little Lodge table look great! I found these at Mary's, last week...{Dark Horse Antiques 319-240-0897} It was a fun Look!
John came, and helped pack up... what a blessing! And...That's Sweet Cathie..{in the white jacket...} {This Girls Art}.... It was Great seeing her, and her Sweetie, Bill! I think they really Loved the Show...It was STUNNING!!!

4 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

Wish I could have been there. Looks amazing!!! Jan

House Things said...

So, So happy to hear you had a good show!!! I really wanted to come, I just love seeing how awesome your booth always looks! Sounds like this time it turned out even better than usual! I didn't need to spend any money so I stayed home. :-(

Betty G said...

Looks like a great show and a wonderful time! I love living life through your eyes. Gives me a warm heart and a smile. Thanks sweetie. I hope you have a great week! Luv~Betty

ChiPPy-SHaBBy said...

The BiRd House will be PeRfeCt for the Holidays!!! The Show - was it the Collectors Eye???
Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!