Saturday, October 9, 2010

Estate Sale....

Got busy on the yard, yesterday... so much to do... so far behind.... I push mowed, and moved everything around... Just as I was filling the old Bicycle Baskets, with straw, and pumpkins...and fluffing the urns with straw... {something I wanted to have done, for the Sale, but couldn't seem to get accomplished...} the phone rang... it was Mark... telling me about an Estate Sale, not far from home... So, I made a call... and a few inquiries... and opted to go wait a few hours, if I could still get a good number... I was 4... That was good enough...{ they let 30 people in, and it was pretty crowded} Colleen, Steve and Sue, {Remember When, 8th ave Marion, Iowa were ahead...} Then Mark popped over, and was 5.... Jo, from 'Jo-Dans', arrived, a little later, and was 16... Close to her age I think... it was her Birthday... I hope it was a great day for her....
Mark and I peeked through the windows, and discussed our strategies... The house was packed full... but, it seemed we made the right moves, and we found some really good stuff...I think all of my waitress experience helps a lot, at these events... It's like a 'Sunday Morning Breakfast Rush'... dancing through a busy restaurant, with an arm full of hot plates, stacked up your arm, filled with food...and smiling, as the hot syrup is running down your arm, leaving blisters... but you keep moving... smiling... staying focused... gathering, and politely excusing yourself, as you weave yourself through the masses...
A lot of folks don't like to go to these, on opening... It can be pretty stressful...but... I know stress... and this... well... is a walk in the park....
{It was Great seeing Don and Elsie J. They have been dealers and collectors, for many years... They were good friends with my late Sister, Chery.... I love them so... Liz and Nick popped over, and found some treasures... It was good seeing everyone...}
Hope Everyone has a Terrific Saturday...
{3 days... 'til Polly comes Home... I'm sure she is getting tired of a cage... and I'm getting tired of the recliner....}}
Barb C.

No comments: