Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Darling Little Church Pew....

I adore these tiny, little pews...Only three feet long... They can go anywhere... and feel right at home... A child's room... the end of a hall.... the foot of a bed.... an entry way...a kitchen....on the porch... This size, is perfect....
This little sweetie, came from Northern Iowa, and is Pine... Very old... has remnants of the old paint... We've waxed it, so it's nice and clean... I love the applied medallians, on each end, and the wonderful cut outs... it still has the Hymnal Tray, on the back....
It's a Dollie! It's going to a new...happy...home....
I'm staying close to home, today... Maybe work on the spare room...maybe sit in the recliner, and watch Sponge Bob.... Who knows...It's going to be incredibly windy today... 40 to 60 mile an hour winds... Yuk... I hate the wind... It's...Unsettling, to me... So...I'm hunkering down...
Hope everyone has the most wonderful Tuesday!
Barb C.

3 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I love it!
The wind is terribly strong here today. It's 50' but feels like 30'! It's blowing the leaves right off the tree!
We are down here in SE Iowa, about 8 miles west of Mt. Pleasant.
Wish I could've made it to last weekend's show. Someday.....
★Linda★

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

It is a beauty, I love the pews!

Yep, the storm is headed my way they said we should be getting it here in Ohio around 4pm!
keep safe!
Teresa

summersundays-jw said...

We had the wind overnight so it's coming from Mo. Don't you love what wax will do for a thirsty, old piece? Enjoy your day. Jan