Saturday, September 4, 2010

Tacks Under My Bare Feet...

Life... sorry I didn't get anything on today.... Remember when I said... just a few posts back... for the first time, in a long time... things were going 'click', 'click', 'click', before 'Sale Time'? { remind me never to do that again...} The news of poor Maggie... Poor Liz... oh my... I couldn't stand it... so, thought I'd pour myself into work... and started to, this morning... then the phone rang... It was Mom's Rehab Center... She was being taken to the E.R....I rushed down, and stayed with her... They admitted her... Thought it was Pneumonia...Turns out... Congestive Heart Failure... Poor Mom... It's been such a trial, today.... She's 90... blind...wheelchair bound...and....well sick of being sick...then... throw in all the pokes and prods...What a mess... We arrived around noon, and she hadn't eaten, all day...{I know how busy the hospitals are... but, we knew at 4:00, she'd be admitted... but, didn't get a room, til almost 8:00... everyone kept saying, "just another 30 minutes...and we'll have her situated".... I got a tray for her, around 8:00... then, they were short on staff... so, I stayed and helped her eat...it's very hard for her to feed herself, in unfamiliar surroundings...and, why is it, they always try and put her on a 'Heart Healthy Diet'.... She's 90... let her eat anything she wants... {that's the note I left for her Doctor.... all she has to enjoy, in life, is food... she is full blooded Czech.... was raised with everything cooked in lard... and she's 90... Let it go....} I'm pooped out... poor Liz called... she was having another melt down... My eyes are still like slits, from yesterday... Thank God...for God... I've put this all in His Hands...
I'll post.. tomorrow... after all... tomorrow is... another day...
Thanks for the kind e-mails...
God Bless us...Everyone...
Barb C.
{Sorry Liz... This song...is just fitting, for your Mama's 'Mad Hatter' Life...... just remember... "tomorrow's another day... and... I'm thirsty, anyway... so... bring on the Rain"...I just can't promise... I won't cry...
Love, Mom...}
After sitting on both sides of the table... I would rather endure the pain... than... watch someone I love, go through it...any day...

3 comments:

Judy said...

It's o.k. to feel the pain. Lots of people so anesthetized they feel nothing.Judy@Leolas

Kay said...

Bring on the rain....it's all for our good and God's glory. He knows all about it, so run to Him and be comforted.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of you and your family, and family includes the animals in your life. Lucy / Rochester