Saturday, September 25, 2010

Peg and I...worked....

Seems I always have 'life'....these days.... Thank God, for Peg.... She has really worked steady... me... well... my hair is falling out.... Literally... by the handfuls... I've had lots of business, other than 'business', to tend to... and I feel like I'm being pulled a million directions.... I'm working on a mass purchase, for the sale... Hope it happens... but... if it does... I have no idea how I will ever be able to get everything done.... John is working on a wonderful Corner Cupboard... I will be working on Funky Farm Tables... Bart popped out, and he's bringing some cool stuff out... Haven't heard from my Southern Iowa Pals, Lynn and Lea...{ I'm sure they will bring some fun stuff...} Mark, Maurina, Tom and Paula, friends and neighbors, will be hauling stuff in, all week... I have major plans, for the garage.... The Big Truck, will be unloaded, Monday... oh my...
Cindy B. {Smokehouse Square Antique Mall, Amana, Iowa...319-622-3539} is headed for Round Top, Texas.... I would so Love to go... just see it, once.....Visit the Boys, at Leftovers.... Their Party, is tonight... I truly mean it.... Those Boys know how to 'Turn it Loose!'... I think, I need to 'Turn it Loose'.... Maybe, in the Spring....ahhhh...{let me know, if anyone wants to go...and... I'm really thinking hard, on Nashville... Heart of Country... in February....It is going to be AMAZING!!! It's Back... Like Libby had it..... If I gather the 'Right Stuff'....I'll be there, with bells on... ahhh... my Happy Place... The Revolving Bar.... Opryland Hotel...Oh my....}
I have been pricing, and setting the shop up... I am so excited to see everyone, at sale time... I so love working in the shop... I was playing, and setting displays... I told Peg, it's like therapy... I run so hard, I forget how wonderful it is, to be in the shop, and unwind... I could truly get lost, in that little building....I ran across a book, from 1790... and, the most wonderful old cookbooks.... It's been such a long time, since I shopped the shop...I Love Everything... It's hard to keep forging ahead... I get stuck, playing with my toys...and... meandering through Centuries past....
ahhhh.... Therapy...maybe, my hair will hold on, a little tighter... it was a 'Good' day...
My Love to You....
Barb C.
{ I lead in, with this song..." But, You Know I Love You"... seems.... it keeps hitting home, more and more... these days.... "If only I could find my way, back to the time...when the problems of this life, had not yet crossed my mind...and all the answers could be found, in children's nursery rhymes..." Oh my....}

2 comments:

Stephanie Brandenburg said...

New Discoveries... sometimes when we are so intricately connected with what we love we overlook the fact that it is a real discovery for someone else. I did a fabric show this weekend in Davenport- as people walked to say - wow those flowers... or those typewriter keys... - I found myself thinking "Haven't you met them before? Haven't you seen them? " But they just came out in April 2010- You go and find the item, love it, bond with it and adopt it- by the time you bring it out and introduce it to others- it is a friend - so you are always surprised that they aren't acquainted- yet. This is the time to say "Hi my name is... nice to meet you-Enjoy each day and be at peace.

vikki said...

~♥ HI BARB! SAY HI, TO PEG FOR ME! I BET THE TERM OF RUNNIN' RAGGED IS USED LOOSELY FOR YA! GOING ALL DIRECTIONS, MEETING YOURSELF COMIN' & GOIN'!
♥ LOVE. OPRYLAND HOTEL... BEEN 7 YEARS SINCE WE HAVE BEEN THERE, WILL BE 8 IN FEBRUARY... THINK I NEED TO GO WITH YA! TOO FUNNIE WAS WEARING MY OPRYLAND SWEATSHIRT TODAY!! I SAT IN THE REVOLVING BAR, ONE MORN, BEFORE IT OPENED, JUST RELAXED & READ MY BIBLE {DON'T THINK GOD MINDED WHERE I READ, AS LONG AS I READ...} LISTENING TO THE WATERFALL... IT WAS NOT MOVING THEN, WAS NOT OPEN, IT WAS SOO SERENE... THAT PLACE IS LIKE HEAVEN...WE WENT ONE NITE WHEN IT WAS REVOLVING! THAT PLACE JUST GOES ON & ON... REAL EASY TO GIT LOST IN IN THERE.. SOO HUGE, FEEL LIKE YOUR IN ANOTHER WORLD! THEN YOU WALK & ENTER INTO ANOTHER ONE! HAD HARD TIME FINDING OUR ROOM, WE ALWAYS TOOK A WRONG TURN! JUST WAYYYY COOL PLACE!
BEEN MEANING TO WRITE TO YA... LOOKING FOR A CUPBOARD... ALL WOOD, PRIMITIVE {OF COURSE} AT LEAST 40 WIDE X 12 DEEP X 50 TALL... CAN BE TALLER, CAN BE WIDER, AND DEEPER, BUT NOT REAL DEEP/FAT WISE... DO NOT WANT A PIE SAFE OF SORTS, WITH THE TIN INSERTS... ALL WOOD PREFERRED... GOT ONE? WILL BE RIGHT OVER, THEN I CAN HELP YA! LEMME KNOW IF U NEED HELP... WOULD LOVE TA... JUST WOULD NOT WANNA BE IN THE WAY... SO IF U THINK OF SOMETHING LEMME KNOW... WAS PLANNING ON BEING THERE ON THURSDAY THE 30TH, BUT CAN COME ANY OTHER TIME, OTHER THAN TUESDAY EARLY AFTERNOON, GOT G'MA DUTY... GOTTA DO THAT YA KNOW... LEMME KNOW & DO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! MOTHER TUCKER {ME} SAYS SO! LOVEYA GIRL.♥ HUGS & BLESSINGS, VIKKI ♥~