Friday, September 10, 2010

A Few Treasures from the House...

This is a Seth Thomas Miniature O.G., that has been sitting in the Breezeway, for too long...I have meant to get it cleaned up, and put in the House... but, sadly, it never seems to happen...so, along with several other treasures, I will be either taking them to the shop, or putting them on the Fall Harvest Sale...They are worthy of a better Home.... This is an 'Amana' basket full of treasures... The old tote, was going to stay in the house.... but... it, too will be put out, this month... The small wooden bowls, are from the 50's... but... I liked the wear on them {tho, it's hard to see in this image} I have scads of old spice tins, that I have collected, forever... some of them will be going... I love this old Amana Basket... Someone took binding twine, and did a super job of wrapping the handles, and edges... I had this resting on top of the Old Stepback, from a long ago, Blairstown, Iowa Auction...but... time to go... All of these things have been in my Breezeway, for a long, long time... They are things I love, but, as new treasures found their way into the House...well... choices had to be made... I used to do this in the Spring, and Fall... If it had found it's way to the Breezeway, the next stop, was the garage... then, it was on the sale... Since I've had the Shop, I've gotten pretty lax, with the stuff in the house... It's time... I have collected old tin, forever... I love cookie cutters, sifters, just about anything rusty, and gnarly... I'll be sorting through... Steph {stephanie brandenberg studios} talked me out of an old treadle sewing machine, that we had bought, at least 15 years ago, and had it buried, in the Garage... I always used it for display... so... buried, it was...... she needed it for a photo shoot... John and I tore the Garage apart, getting it out... So... It's time for a 'Makeover", in the Garage, as well... Hmmm...Breezeway... Garage... Hen House... Gazebo... sounds like a lot of 'flippin'... I'll get 'er done... Peg is coming up, the Saturday, before The Sale, between the two of us... it'll happen.... The Old Cow Bell... well... That's another story... Not sure if I can turn loose of this...just yet... There is something about a Cow Bell.... I remember our Cows... slowly walking from the pasture, through the timber, winding their way, on a well beaten path to the Barn, at milking time... The clank of the old bells, were a welcomed sound... so... maybe, not this sale.... I Love the wonderful old Graphics, they used to have on the spice cans... or, anything, really... seed boxes, signs.... they made everything Beautiful....

1 comment:

Nedine Says said...

I have never been able to get a definitive answer to what does O.G. or Ogee stand for. Any ideas ?