Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The 'Fast Lane' ....

Headed to Des Moines, early, yesterday afternoon... I was sooooo tired... oh my... wasn't sure I could stay awake, on the road...No sleep...was finally catching up with me... I had to get the 10 French chairs, and beautiful Mahogany table home, well actually delivered to it's new home... Just as we were getting ready to load it... It poured down rain... and wouldn't stop.... It's 4 hours, round trip, to Jo's... I really didn't want to leave empty handed... so... I waited and waited... called friends, to see where this unpredicted 'front' had come from, and where it was headed... It rained for hours... Buckets... It was nearly 10, before Jo and I got everything on... Then, I had to deliver....and unload... oh my...I didn't get in bed, til 1:30.... A sweet Gal, from Texas, wanted to shop the store, so I had to be up, bright and early... Jo had wanted me to stay over... Trust me... there was nothing I would have loved more... She is so sweet... Fed me a wonderful supper... But oh my... on the way home... I needed tooth picks, to keep my eyes open... It was a long, long night.... I'm on the road again, today... Back to Des Moines...{at least 2 more loads..}and... more deliveries... a gal called a bit ago, they are headed for Junk Bonanza, and are scouting for a new 'show' idea ....wanted to stop by... this afternoon... oh my...The shop is ripped...I haven't slept, much, for days... Oh my... I Love Surprises!
{I'm leaving for Gold Rush, early Thursday Morning... oh my... truck isn't loaded... oh my... The Fun Never Ends...}
Barb C

3 comments:

Kay said...

Girl... you better slow it down a little or you are gonna get sick! I soooo~ want to come see your shop but I think next late winter/early spring may be better. You are wayyy too busy now and I will be soon too. Is it asking too much to have you save that awesome green bookcase for me and that small white "dresser" (is it a salesman's sample or a child's toy?) and that woven seat wooden chair.... LOL

Amy N said...

Sounds like a few days at a show might be slowed down for you based on the pace you have been keeping. Hope to see you Sunday. I'll keep your number handy in case I find anything at JB that I think you can't live without
Take Care

Anita said...

Barb- Did Layla and Kevin catch up with you? They had Mary, a friend of mine from Kane, call and ask me for some names of good places to shop and characters to meet. I gave them your name and a couple others to see on their trip to MN to film the show. I figured you would be loaded for Rochester, but I told them if anyone had the sources for great junk, it was you! ( Junk meaning great old stuff to use as is or to repurpose creatively...)