Monday, August 9, 2010

"We are Hard Pressed, on every side... But, not Crushed"

We are Hard Pressed... On every Side.... But.... We Are Not Crushed...
I read this, this morning... in 'Streams in the Desert"... Seems I was sent right to this... What a wonderful truth...When God works in our lives... and we take Him, into our Heart, we have the misconception, life should be a Rosy, stroll through the Garden.... No... what would we ever learn, meandering through the garden....He will send us challenges... a rough and rocky path.... to strengthen us, so we can endure... I read, a while back... when we meet with God, it won't be our beauty He is wishes to see... it will be the Battle Scars... God has nothing worth having, that is easily gained...there are no cheap goods, on the Heavenly Market... Difficult times and places, are our Schools of Faith, and Character...
Now... go out... and Smile, when those Angels with 2x4's, are swingin' away! It's Amazing what you can learn, while being knocked down to your knees...
Barb C.

2 comments:

Betty G said...

This is so very true, my friend. Very wise words and I needed to hear them today. Thank you for this. God bless you!(((HUGS))) Luv~Betty

Judy said...

Sorry for rough times--I am familiar with the 2x4s. We are talking about the trip to Rochester--also Iowa in October. I think the Hatter was a little bit country--spent a lot of time in the forest.etc. I have always referred to broken,baggy bits and pieces as genteel poverty; as when the father dies,son inherits and mom and sisters move to the cottage behind the main house!A lot of my collections fit that description. In case you didn't notice--most of this comment is abot your last post.