Monday, August 16, 2010

Sweetie's Home! God Bless the Animal Shelter....

Our Sweetie....
{this is part of the staff... the Man Holding Sweetie, {the kids call her Tequila.... She'll always be 'Sweetie', to me...} Is the one who found her... Bless his heart... The lady with the tan pants, and black shirt, is Marie... If you ever wondered what an Angel looks like... here ya go...Sweetie even loved them!}
Oh my....I have been Heart Sick...all I could think of was her suffering, somewhere...I had left messages, with the Shelters over the weekend, and, while I was in the shower, the Cedar Rapids Animal Shelter called, and said they picked up a female, black Pit Bull, that matches my description, near where my Son, Justin, and Kate live.... She wanted me to come see... Oh my... I have such a hard time, going to these facilities... I am so grateful, for what they do... but it breaks my heart, to see all of these wonderful, 'Man's Best Friends', in such a lonely place... I stopped and picked up a bouquet of flowers, and a bunch of candy bars, for the employees, at the
shelter... {and some dog treats}I walked in, and burst into tears, when Marie, {the lady who called me, this morning} came through the door... They were so surprised, that I brought flowers... Marie said, "I don't know if this is your dog... I would feel so bad, if it isn't"... I said... If it isn't Sweetie... I just want you to know, how much it means to me, that you go out and rescue these dogs... I can't thank you, enough."
She walked me back, through the kennels... {tears... and more tears...} The majority of the dogs, were Pit Bulls... Marie said she was happy, I called... She said, most owners of the Pit Bulls, never come and get them... {More tears..} What is wrong with people! These dogs are amazing.. So Smart... so Gentle...The dog on the Little Rascal's is a Pit...Rachel Ray's beloved dogs, are Pit's...Cesar's 'Daddy', {The Dog Whisper}is a Pit...He has many...
I have had many dogs throughout my life... I have loved everyone of them... But the Pit Bulls, are at the top of the list...
Marie thought I should be a volunteer... I couldn't take it... I'd want to take them all home, and lock up, all the abusive pet owners.... Marie said, they do not euthanize, unless the dog is vicious, very sick, or very old... She, herself, rescued an elderly dog, recently... One of my neighbors, at Gold Rush, said one of his friends, only adopts elderly dogs, from the shelter, and gives them, the best, last years of their life.... These are the TRUE ANGELS...
I gave them a donation, and left them, with lots of tears... Sweetie was glad to be home... John was thrilled, and called Justin, right away... what a relief... I couldn't concentrate on loading the truck... Now... It's Show Time...
God Bless all of the Dear Souls, who work so hard, for the Animals, and are subjected to such grief, everyday...
Maybe I should volunteer... I have always said, if we would volunteer, at homeless shelters, nursing homes, and animal Shelters, this would be a much more compassionate world...
All I can say, is... whew....
and... Thank You God.... for all of Your Angels...
Barb C.

3 comments:

kim said...

I love a happy ending!

Anonymous said...

hello:-))
at first, my english is not very good-but i hope you can understand ist...hihi. i am from germany, i am 41 years old, and i have read your story...we have -like you- a old stafford-lady. she is so lovely, we go and look --we take old dogs with us home, and we love the years where we can give them a home. our dog name is angie(my 5th dog in my life:-))...but we call her angel....because she is an angel!! it is wonderful to see, that we find people all over the world and take those dogs...i will take a new pic in my blog, than you can see our lady:-))) blessings and hugs from germany:-)) your sonnengewand^^v^^

my blog: http://iradas-klangoase.at

Betty G said...

I am soooooo happy Sweetie is safe and sound! God love her!! And you are so very right, those who work with the animals are angels indeed. (((HUGS))) to you and Sweetie! :) Luv~Betty