Sunday, August 1, 2010

Old, Old... Early Iowa Walnut Stepback Cupboard...My Heart Melts...

This is the Old Cupboard, Barb O., had called me about... Thanks Sweetie... John has it crowned, now, I am just going to feed the old walnut... It is very dry.... I love this piece... It has the most unusual hand champhored panels.... it carries that wonderful, 'old', scent, inside...{the image makes the bottom door look strange... it was just slightly open, it fits perfectly} Someone, really worked their heart out, building this Beauty... It must have been made for a very special person.... It's all square nailed... the shelves have been cut into the sides...there is no, foot damage.... it's been kept dry.... It's 2 pieces... and... it boasts, 16 panes of the gnarliest, old wavy glass, on the top...I would say, it's from the mid-1800's... It's quite the Old Cupboard... The size is wonderful, too... not too deep... not too wide... and around 7 and a half feet tall... a Dandy! Allyson, has it on hold, trying to squeak out a spot, for one more cupboard, in her house... I know, I could surely find a spot...{in her, or my house... There's always room for another Wonderful Old Friend! Hope everyone has the most Beautiful Sunday... Barb C.

No comments: