Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Great Day!

Yep... I was back in the Saddle Again... Took a road trip, with Mustang, Sally... and all was right with the world! Bill B. had called me about some vintage concrete, he had brought into his, and Mike's fun shop, on 5th ave. in Marion, {Antique Warehouse{Bill... 319-360-5524... Mike... 319-389-3707 Mike} It had been way too long since I had visited... They have all sorts of new stuff in... They do such a great job! I bought a gnarly piece, for a friend, who will love it, and, some Milk Paint, that Mike carries... I was going to make my own, just like they used to do, way back, but, thought I'd try this! Then... Sally and I headed south... Stopped at Rug Cottage, and Barntiques... Saw all the sweet Gals there! Nancy, her Darling Daughter, and... Sweet Caroline! {I love those Girls! The shops were Great!... and... I bought more 'Sweet and Hot Relish'.... {I am soooo addicted!} Then... on to Sisters'... Ran into Sweet Sharon {Sweet Repose}... Stephanie, {Stepanie Brandenberg Studios...and ... Fern Hill}, and, of course, Barb H. and Darling, Deb! {Sisters' Garden}{It was like 'Old Home Week'!} All the stores were buzzing...We are so very blessed, to have so very much, here in Iowa... Great Shops.... Great People.... Creative Spirits... Oh My....! Then... I hit my secret places.... found some wonderful treasures... Sally, was not thrilled with my packing job... {she thinks she's a Mustang.... and not a Clydesdale.... Oh well... she'll get used to it...}... { if you are part of this family, you earn your keep...we all pull mighty heavy loads, some days... but... we also have a lot of fun, too...} I am on the run, the next 2 days... {Sally will sit these trips out... It'll be 'Arnold', all the way.... He's a little Truck... but... he has 'Muchness'!} I have a speaking engagement, on Friday.... I need to get ready for that... oh my... time does fly! We are already in August... I heard the first Cricket, in the shop, day before yesterday.... a sure sign of Fall.... oh my.... My head is Whirling... {nothing new}... So many obligations... time... is moving so incredibly fast.... Oh well... It is... What it is... I gotta tell ya... Remember the premonitions I had, about Peg.... and Lyme Disease..... well, Peg just called... her tests are back.... It wasn't 'Lyme'.... It was another 'tick borne illness'... {another blogger warned me about this, last week} I just knew, it was 'tick' related... When something wakes me up, from a dead sleep, and I sit, straight up, in bed... It usually is fact... She is on the road to recovery... Thank God.... and...all of you, too....Prayers Matter... Thank You... Barb C.

2 comments:

Gatherings said...

I am so glad it is something they can treat! Glad she got some fluids when she did also. Sounds like you had a good time. Treasures sound wonderful!

Betty G said...

Glad to hear Peg now has a diagnosis. Sometimes the "not knowing" can make things drag on. Now she can begin to recover. Give her a big hug from me. And also happy to hear that you had a great day travelin' with Sally and seeing a bunch of good friends. Keep on sailin'! Enjoy your week! Luv~Betty