Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Beautiful Walnut Wardrobe... and Gatherings from Gold Rush...

Don't ya just Love this! This old Wardrobe is a 'knock down'...so...even tho it's a massive piece, it easily comes apart, and can be put in any room... even... up a winding staircase! It's quite early... the top, and drawers are all hand dovetailed...and you can see the beautiful hand planed boards.... it was found in an old home, in Marion, Iowa... It's solid as a rock, and truly Beautiful....
This is a 12 foot bar top... It was harvested from the Watkins Tavern, Watkins, Iowa...a small Farming Community... It is one piece... it could be easily cut down, to 9 feet... very, very wonderful.....
The tin dough bowl, was my purchase, from Mary, {Dark Horse Antiques...Janesville, Iowa} I Love it..... The white cast iron, urn pieces, I bought from Lois...It was fun seeing all the Gals! Chery, Lois and Mary are the most fun folk, at Gold Rush! Hands down! Here are a few treasures, from Gold Rush... I'm working a trade on the Wardrobe...{to purchase it} I Love it... If it doesn't sell, in the next few days... I think it will work in the spare bedroom...
Barb C.

No comments: