Monday, July 5, 2010

Truck Drivin' Mama... only Peg...

My Darling Husband, John... was a 'no show', when it came time to load, and get the vehicles home... So with a storm headed our way, we 'hauled it', in double time, getting everything loaded, and massive tent down, and put away... { it was supposed to go in John's truck...} He didn't answer the phone, so, Peg stepped up, to the plate, and drove the FUSO...{ my one, and only friend, that has ever offered...What a Gal!} Peg doesn't drive a stick, so options were limited, on the other vehicles... She was a trooper... even through the Monsoon, we hit, on the way home... I was very proud of her! I was happy to see, all of the bloggers, and followers!!! Big Hugs and Kisses! Barb H. {sisters garden}... Kathie, {this girls art}... Brandon, {house things}... Nancy and fam, {rug cottage}... Polly, {pollyanns}, Ginger, {virgina rose}... Mary and Hubby, {mary zeran designs}... Amy, {the nest} Wanda, {gatherings iowa}... and SO MANY FOLLOWERS!!!! Wow! THANK YOU!!!! It was so nice Seeing you All! I forget, this is, my life, really... My Diary... I'll be honest... I don't tell it all...{ I'm saving those details, for the book...just kidding...I don't need a bounty on my head...} This is, my journey... and yes, you may have to read between the lines... my closest people to me, know the 'rest of the story'....... God Bless them, for holding my hand, through so many of the trials, of this Journey, called 'Life'...{ they all know, who they are, and how very much, they are Loved...} Tom R. said to me, as he was helping lift, some of the heavy masses, into the FUSO, "You are a workaholic..." I sat down, on the step bumper, of the Fuso, for a moment... and replied.... "It takes one to know one, Sweetie..." We all... Equally work our selves, into the ground, for this Wonderful Old Stuff....{oh yeah... and try and 'stay alive', and keep the bills paid, and help others... when 'push comes to shove'...} It's our friends and families, who are the real Heroes... They don't have the same, crazy passion, as we do... yet, they come, lend a hand, lift, push and pull, with the same determination, as us... Why... because, they Love us... We, truly are, the winners...{ so, very blessed...} The show wasn't as good, money wise, as last year... It was so confusing for folks... Hansen's Grove, has been split, in two different places... a storm was predicted, all day... with a possible 2 inches of rain... { I didn't get out 70% of my 'smalls', for that reason... If the tent took off, I didn't want to sacrifice the treasures....I think many folks felt the same way....} But, I was still, very happy, with the Show.... Everyone I talked to, said the same... They will all be back! It's going to be an Anual Antiquing 4th of July Party! Yeah!!! Thanks to all, who lended a hand... Kim Wolfe, {Wolfes Antiques, Mt.Vernon, Iowa was a top rate Promoter... Thanks for everything...} It was a joy, seeing Everyone... My Love, and Thanks to you All... Barb C.

No comments: