Thursday, July 8, 2010

Me and Sally Hit the Road! Found Sweet Amy... and...'The Nest"

Here is Amy's Calendar of Events! Check this Darling Store out!!!
This is, Sweet Amy... She does an Amazing job... Her lawn, was Darling....
This is her Store... I wish I could have gotten around earlier... People were not leaving empty handed... Amy said the morning was crazy!
Amy has the Sweetest Vignettes, throughout the Wonderful Old Farm House... Oh My!
Tweet, Tweet, Tweet!
Oh yeah... Me and the Mustang, had our Maiden Voyage, today... Had to go see my very special friend, Amy, {fellow blogger} { the nest} as she was having her Occasional Sale! I didn't realize, exactly where she is from... it was a jaunt... a beautiful one... Her Shop is near Sperry, Iowa...{ close to Ft.Madison, and Burlington..right on, hi-way 61....very near the Mississippi... It's a beautiful place...} { Janet... I will get images of the cupboard, tomorrow... Had no help... it's going to require lots...It's buried...} So, the drive, was amazing...top down.... and I'm fried... With the wind blowing...Hair, standing straight up... in a gnarled mess...{ I must have looked like I had a red squid, on my head... hair, everywhere!} I didn't feel hot... and... it was overcast, all day... oops... oh well...I'd forgotten, how wonderful a Convertible is... Had a 69 Camero Convertible... I drove it to work, for about 6 months... 'til I came home one day, and it was gone... John had sold the engine... I was heartbroken... It was so rusty, it had no floors left... but still, it would smoke the tires, like no other! And so fun to drive to work, in the wee hours of the summer mornings...Ahhh... the Crazy Days... Before Children...
I had a great time, at the Nest... Found some fun stuff... and had a very nice visit with Amy... She is such a gentle spirit...That same contentment, is very evident, as you meander through her store...She had everything just right... down to the tiniest detail.... little down feathers, sandwiched under glass, at her check out... perfect.... I loved all of the grapevine, and tree branches, that appeared to be growing through the walls... very cool.... The Nest, was so peaceful, and lovely.... Can't wait, 'til the next Sale...
Barb C.

1 comment:

pollyanns said...

I wish she was open Monday... heading her way for a little break. Hope you had fun in with Sally!!