Friday, July 9, 2010

It is... What It is....

the right side, crown piece is gone...
it has heavy wainscoting, for the back... with great old paint...
these are the flour bin hinges, and the mouse chew...
inside the flour bin... a few spidies, but good...
red paint, on the side.. this may be the original color, or on top of the white... John was helping... we had to unload the entire truck, to get this to the tail of the FUSO... he wasn't waiting for me to dissect this cupboard... the white smear on the flour bin side,{directly under the drawer} is spray wax... I wanted to slick up the old bin, to help it slide...
this is the base side... cut out for a trim board...
Janet wanted to see some detailed images, of the old farm cupboard, I bought on the 4th... It needs a bath... it needs hinges on the bin... they are rusted through... we will put the 2 door latches on...{ closest match we have of them}for the quoted price.... the hinges would be extra... it has some red paint, on the left side... It measures, 59 inches wide, and about 6 feet tall, and 20 inches deep...It still has it's original dough boards... and is sound... no dry rot... just a few mouse chews... The bin, is dirty, but, sound... the drawers are heavy, there is nothing flimsy about this old cupboard... I'd say it is from the turn of the last century... It is... what it is... in my opinion, for the money... it's a 'no brainer'....That's just me... I don't mind scrubbing an old cupboard... Actually... I enjoy it...But... That's just me...
Barb C.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cabinet is absolutely beautiful, everything about it, the old paint, wainscoting, and even the spidies...
lucky, lucky you!!

Blessings,
Ronda

Anonymous said...

YUM!