Monday, June 21, 2010

The Weekend Gatherings...

There is a very soft spot, in my heart, for Rusty Old Trucks...
I love this old basket, with a fabric covered handle.... I found the Old, Old, Amana Mattress Covers, in Main, Amana...
I bought these new, old stock, brooms, with their original paper labels, from a Cedar Rapids store, in Main, Amana.
I nearly filled this old cupboard, with wonderful ironstone, and soft paste, from the Amana Sales....
I bought the compote, full of buttons, and the wonderful little ironstone pitcher, inside it, in West, Amana... I adore the little pitcher... It has been broken, into a dozen pieces, then carefully glued back together... It's a survivor....
I gathered a dozen, or more little butter pats, shopping the Amana's...
Gathered an entire collection, of sweet little motto cups... Some say 'Present', some, 'A Gift', some, 'Think of Me'... they are precious...
Bought some sweet late 1800's children's dishes... I can't hardly walk away from them... Found several vintage wire hanging baskets... They are fun to have hanging around!
Maurina had this huge punch bowl... I used to have one in the house, it's twin, but I sold it....This one has a crack, in the bottom... but, no worries... I used mine to serve a variety of breads, chips, or fruit.... And, it was beautiful filled with vintage Christmas! So that crack won't make a bit of difference!
"Absent, but not forgotten" I love this motto... This was found in West, Amana....
This is a blurry image of a darling Shadow Box, that Maurina had, in Czech Village.... It's pulled wool, Victorian, and wonderful...
There are so many more things... You'll just have to come visit...
I want to mention, as I was taking pictures for you, this evening, I discovered something had been stolen, from the shop.... It was something I loved.... Tho, I love, everything, in the shop... or, it wouldn't be there... It was stolen, yesterday... I know who took it, and, they also altered a price tag... But, at the time, I thought, well, maybe I did do it myself.... I get running so fast, and get so forgetful... but, after seeing this, and how they moved things around, so I wouldn't miss this little treasure... well, nothing would surprise me, about these folks....
I want you to know, if you read this, you are in my prayers... This is your journey, and God Bless you, and your wife.... Only Angels pass through the doors of that little shop... So, I know there is a special lesson, for you, and I here....
God Bless...
Barb C.

2 comments:

Virginiarose said...

You are a better man than I.It is a shame people think they need to steal from you,I know from personal experience you a giving soul.Glad to see you back home,and read about all of your adventures.Wish I had half your energyand drive.Love ya G

Anita said...

Good for you for taking the high road. I used to get so upset when someone stole from me at my shop, but then I remembered that it is just stuff. Truly, there is little "stuff" that means that much to me. If I thought they really needed it, I would GIVEN it to them if they had asked. But stealing takes a part of you. I know you would do the same thing, with your big heart. That makes it sad. Keep on truckin.