Thursday, June 17, 2010

Things That Serve....

I ran out, in the dark, tonight, and grabbed a sack, out of the big truck... { where I stashed all of the Southern Gatherings} I had to post, a few more things for you... This is what was inside.... I looked at the sweet old treasures... and it hit me ... what do these all have in common...'Things That Serve'.... A great title to a book... I love things that serve... I use all old things, that serve...They leave quite an impression... Try it, sometime, when you have guests... Don't use that new, everyday stuff... { What am I saying... I use this old stuff, everyday...} Use the cool, gnarly, old stuff... Your guests will never forget it... Barb C. Had an incredibly busy day, today... From getting a visit, from Sweet Carolyn A., and a huge welcome home, from her...{ God... I Love Her... She is so Good and Kind... to Everyone... I will never forget... on one of my very darkest days, when I thought I had lost my very last friend, and all hope was lost... Carolyn came knocking at my door... That.... is a day.... and a friend, I will Never Forget....} I weed whipped, did laundry, and hit garage sales... Found a wonderful treasure.... An almost new, Home Theater System!!!!{ for 15.00!!!} We have one, in John's t.v. room... But... this one goes in my bedroom! Oh my.... I found a wonderful flat screen t.v., to hang on the back of the old wardrobe, that serves as my foot board, so... I can watch what I want, and listen to what I want, and rattle the windows, if I want... The neighbors are gonna talk now!{ Like they already don't... Really... Fog Hat... Conway Twitty... Crazy Antiques Dealer... Oh my... } For the most part, I like what John likes.... CSI,{ all of them} NCIS, and mysteries... However... I like Gone With The Wind... I have watched it at least 300 times... { or parts of it...} He watched it, once, like most normal folk.... I love music... all sorts of music... Sometimes... loud music... { I can't see John listening to Fog Hat, 'Slow Ride', or Aretha Franklin, 'Respect'... especially when I get into one of my Mad Hatter Moods, and crank it up!!!} My new favorite flick, is Alice in Wonderland.... I'll be watching a lot of that... I visited with Peg, today... She watched 'Alice'... {I got it for her, for her birthday...} She has no doubt, I Am, The Mad Hatter... She has no doubt... She Is, The Mad March Hare... Well... to be honest... Peg is, The Mad March Hare.... I can't begin to tell you, the parallels, I see daily, with that movie... Our trip to New Orleans was full of them... The spotted pigs.... The ironwork, just the craziness, of it all... As I sat and watched the movie, Tuesday, with my feet up...{ No, not on the warm pig belly... I'm the Mad Hatter...Not The Red Queen... Well, actually... I think we are all a little bit, of each and every character... for me... mostly... The Mad Hatter...} I saw one parallel, after another... Crazy... Well... It's 11:27, and I've had enough... Sweet Dreams... Barb C.

No comments: