Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Simple Southern Treasures....

Pair of Italian Metal Red Tulip Lamps, Italian Chandelier, with an entire Metal Bouquet, adorning it.... darling plaster frogs... early ironstone platter... vintage drapes.... 1890's crazy quilts,{ they are amazing}.... gnarly, old, old, old wooden trencher, with an applied wooden bottom, with plaster...the original bottom, had been worn completely through, from excessive use... I have never seen such a cool repair.... Oh my... Lots more to go through...Still diggin!
My Quilt images, are a little blurry... This Quilt, with all of the bright orange fabric, is actually a quilt top... It is wonderful... tho, never finished... There is also the name 'Minnie', and all sorts of three dimensional velvet florals... I couldn't leave it behind....
This dated 1890 Crazy Quilt, is complete, and a bit worn... Just like I like 'em! It is beautiful.... Lots of great embellishments, and hand painting.... It's a Beauty!
I have many sacks to go through... It's like Christmas!
Barb C.

5 comments:

Sisters Garden and Bloom said...

It's been way too long since I've seen you!! You have been a traveling girl!! We all got to go too, through your eyes....FUN!!!!!!!
I might have to have the wonderful italy chandelier, and red lamps too!!..you know me.........barb

Anonymous said...

My gramma had an end table like that chandelier. As I child, I thought it was tacky. Now I truly understand the beauty of that crazy table and wonder where it got to? Glad you're back. Glad you got some inspiration!

Anita said...

the flowers on those crazy quilts make my heart skip a beat ;)

A Wild Thing said...

Good to be home aye...but what an adventure and great treasures too. The pictures are wonderful I love the old South, there ain't nuthin' like it anywhere! Makes me long for a slow trip to Florida!

See ya sistah!

s

cconz said...

Hey, you travelin woman, Looks like lots of cool stuff. The crazy quilts are awesome