Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Princess turns 23.....

Here is Liz, around 9 years old, when we had our chickens... Our eggs were off the charts... It was Liz's job, to gather the eggs... But, we had a mean rooster, and brother, he had us all on the run... Those were the days...
My, my... 23 years ago, today, the caboose, to our family was brought to us.... My Sister, Merry Jo, flew in from Washington State, to keep an eye on 2 year old, and extremely active, Justin, while I was in the hospital... Back then, they kept us for 5 days... {scheduled C-section} She weighed 9 pounds, 6 and a half ounces, and was 23 inches long... { Just a little smaller than her brother, Justin} Merry Jo, my other sis', Chery, and Mom brought in all sorts of darling little dresses, to the hospital... I couldn't wait to play 'dress up', with my new dolly... She slept on my chest, in the hospital, almost every minute... She was a cuddler, since day one... She always wanted to be held, and was a wonderful baby... Slept through the night, soon, after we brought her home... She remained my 'side kick', until she was around 12... Then, the war was on... Me wanting to keep her my baby, and hold on tight, and Liz, pulling away, as hard as she could... We are so much alike, it's scary... I did the same thing... when I was 12.... I was scared to death, but my friends kept saying..."She'll come back to you"... I didn't believe it... but, they were so very right... She's my side kick, again, and I love it... and her... Liz has been part of the Antiquing, since it began... She's travelled all over the country, with me, and I visited with the school, and told them, {like my Dad told my school} She would learn a lot more, interacting, and helping with the business, than she could ever learn at school, during the same period... They agreed... Everyone loved her, at the shows... they couldn't believe, how hard she worked... Liz has truly been a blessing to us... She will always be our Princess...
Happy Birthday... Love Mom...
This blurry version, is Liz, at 18... Come to think of
it...
Those years, were a blur!
Here she is, today, in her little house, with her big dog, Maggie, and the cool piece she bought from Lynn, at my Sale... We got it to fit... She's a lot happier, now, than she was earlier... when she thought it wouldn't fit... My, my... Sooo much like her mother...
Oh dear...

4 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

What would we do without our daughters. Happy birthday to Liz. Jan

kimmykats said...

Practical learning! One of life's best lessons.

elizabeth said...

I always knew I was your favorite daughter.:) I love you Mom. It was fun having you over and spending time with you on my birthday, even though I was grouchy. And do you know what, I will always be your little girl, as aggravating as it can and will be for both of us. And you will always be my hero, and. . , worst enemy. Love you Mom!

Shelley Haganman said...

Daughters are wonderful gifts!