Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Horse Slaughter House { I Can't Stop Crying...}

This was Admiral, he passed away, here at home, at 28.... I bought him when he was 4 months old... I am proud to say, he Never saw a Sale Barn... Below, is a loch of his tail, I clipped, the unbelievable morning, we found him dead, in the pasture... It's been many years, now, almost to the day... he died... and I sit and weep... And... they think we should bring back the Horse Slaughter Houses... Oh My... Here we go...
I tried to leave a comment, for our local news, kgan, but was too late.... A group of horses, here in Iowa, were found, locked in a shed, dead and dieing... The Sheriff said he thought the horses were doing better, the last few months... he'd kind of been keeping an eye on them... REALLY! The neighbor said, he thought the feed wasn't too good.. he'd been watching them... REALLY!!! This doesn't happen. in a week or 2...I hope ALL concerned, spend their last days, just like these horses did...Then, they had men on the news, that said we should start the 'Kill' buying back... And slaughter horses....That would end, all of this abuse... Oh my God...No wonder we live in this warped society... We kill things, because they are old, or unwanted...God Help These people... You say you want to 'Kill'... O.K. hope you go out, with the same terror, these beloved, once, mans best friends, are asked to... And may God Help You... As your mind is racing, as you are being beaten, on the back, and in the face by the cattle prod, herding you and others, closer to the knife, and wondering what you ever did, to deserve this horrific treatment... { I saw a mare and her foal, being sold seperately, at a horse sale, they beat the frantic mare back, with a cattle prod, as she was desperately trying to reach her terrified baby...I jumped into the ring, and grabbed the prod from the bastard's hands... Go See.... Just go see....It will break your heart... if it doesn't... Then, GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!}
Have you ever been to a Sale Barn? Go... Please go... Have you ever been to a Slaughter House... GO PLEASE GO!!!!!!! I HAVE!!!!{ put yourself in the animals place... and... if you have never been beat, with a cattle prod, try it once.... see how it feels...} This is why, I QUIT EATING MEAT!!!!I have decided, if I can't kill it, myself, than I shouldn't eat it... I may be a lot of things, a hypocrite, I don't need to be...}
I would hate to be a family member, of those who want to slaughter these horses... I think how people care about animals, is a reflection of how they treat people.... God Bless Them...
There are so many to blame, here... How about helping take care of these animals, instead of pointing fingers... see why the man couldn't feed them... OH NO... JUST TURN A BLIND EYE!!!! This Makes Me Sick...
These poor horses, are kind and gentle creatures... Trusting man... How sad... Horses built this country.... Broke the ground...pulled fire trucks, what they did for Farmers, should never be forgotten... This is how we repay...
The tears I shed, today, are, yes, for all the abused animals...the abused children.... the abused people...But, equally shed, for Mankind... Pathetic, Ignorant, Shameful, Greedy....Mankind... What God must think, as he looks at us... I'll bet he is shaking his head...
Shame on Us...
Barb C.
I don't kill anything... A fly, I will swat at... From Spiders, to all Animals.... All of God's Creatures have a purpose... Some folks say, the bible says God put animals on earth to feed us... Yes... this is true... and when we respect them, like the Bible Says... Then, we will talk...
I respect Animals, more than people, I guess...They, are not sinners... Just us.... We are the only creature that kills for 'sport'... interesting... and, as my dear friend, Peg, says.... " we are the only creatures that poop in our own nest"...{ meaning, destroy our environment}...what a group we are....

1 comment:

cconz said...

Oh sweet barb, This has been my cause for some time now. You can judge the character of a society by the way they treat their animals.It breaks my heart. By posting about it, helps make people think and (cross your fingers)change their ways. Even if it's one person, it's good.
People ask "what can i do to help" One person can do plenty.