Sunday, June 6, 2010

From Natchez, MS., to White Castle, LA. oh my....

My, very first, Mint Julep... It wasn't my last Whoo Hooo!!!! This was beautiful... I was speechless... the entire time, we were walking through this amazement... Every time I turned around, there was something more amazing than the last beautiful vision I had captured... Can't wait to get back to Natchez...
This was one, of many amazing Mid 1800's Iron Gates, surrounding family graves... This one has corn, and a butterfly... I could have stayed all day, taking images of this wonderful resting place...
Allyson, at the Cemetery, in Natchez, overlooking the Mississippi...
Our beautiful Hotel, on the Miss, in Natchez...
The White Room... The Ball Room...at Nottoway Plantation... Oh my...
Allyson was commenting, that she thought the woman in the painting has a beautiful dress... I said, I thought she liked Allyson's, too... She was looking right at her!
Our room is on the 3rd floor... The view is amazing! Allyson and I, can wonder through this Plantation, all night, if we wish... We wish....What a wonderful treat...
Our Room... How Cool Is This... The window opens, to a wrap around Veranda... Oh My... The tour guide says it isn't haunted... The other staff says otherwise... I'll let ya know...
I'm headed for the Veranda! I can not begin to express the amazement, I have experienced, today... I am not going to write a long post, because, I intend to go sit on the 3rd story Veranda, continue sipping the most wonderful Mint Julep's, that Sweet Jennifer,{ our Darling Bar Tender} has introduced me to, then turn in, and spend a peaceful night, in the most magnificent room, at the Nottoway Plantation... Allyson and I, have run of the beautiful, 53,000 square foot,{yes... 53,000 square feet...} 64 room Mansion...{ and a window or door, for every day of the year...oh...my....} So, sorry, but I must take advantage of every second...
I wish you all were here... what a party we would have!
My Love to Ya!
Barb C.
We started in Natchez... We are going back, again, someday... It was wonderful... The Cemetery was amazing... Then we did a little antiquing in St.Francisville, LA, we had a great Shrimp PoBoy, and headed for White Castle... It's Amazing... Here are some images of the day...

3 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

I'm dieing here!!!!! Love your pictures and your commentary. I'm going to Natchez THIS SUMMER -- mark my words. So glad you're having a wonderful time.

Virginiarose said...

oh my i guess omg what a fabulous place I would never never won't to leave. keep us up to date.
Ginger

Betty G said...

Looks like you are having a great time! I love all the pix and that mint julep looks awesome. I need to have one of those. :) Be safe! Luv~Betty