Friday, June 4, 2010

First Day... Headed South...

Allyson is Dwarfed, by this gnarly old bowl... Love It!
Peg and Mikes Beautiful Home...I could have just stayed there...
This old wagon, is soooo cool.... Peg has filled it with gnarly old twisted branches, she finds on her timber walks...
Peg's cool stuff!
She has extremely tall ceilings... I could have spent a week, taking pictures of all of their wonderful treasures!
Peg has planted all sorts of wonderful things, all over, around the house... She has darling little vignettes, everywhere, nestled in the beautiful moss, that seems to blanket everything... Heaven... Heaven!
The 10 cent doll house... I can't wait to get it home, and play with it...
We left C.R. around 1:30, and headed for Peg's... I have never been there, and was dieing to see it... We ran across a 'sale' sign, along the way, and had to stop! I found a darling old doll house... for a dime... and 2 porcelain signs... { not, for a dime...} Allyson took a tour, of the lady's old, old stone house, as I was digging around! She loved it! We kept heading south, and drove past my pal, Charlie's... I told Allyson, he'd be at work, then I saw someone moving around, his barns... It was Charlie! I told her to lay on the horn! I called him, and said we had just driven by... He said, " were you in a silver thing...? and layin' on the horn...?" Yea, that's us! He wished us a safe trip, and I said I'd be down to see him, when we get back.... I just love that guy!!! Then we stopped in Palmyra, MO. at the Midwest Antique Company... We ran through fast, and I found a wonderful, huge round bowl... Don't know much about it, but it's hand done, huge, and gnarly! { My 3 major requirements...} Allyson found some cool retro Chinese prints, and we both bought some darling wire baskets! Yeah! Then, on to Peg's... Oh my... It was absolutely wonderful... She and Mike had prepared a fabulous supper for us, and we got the Grand Tour... She and Mike built their home, a few years ago, on a pond... The setting is amazing... Peg's landscaping is as beautiful as the Botanic Gardens... Wow... I could go on and on... But, it's 11, and I am pooped... We will be in Memphis, for lunch... Can't wait...
Sweet Dreams...
Barb C.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

So glad you stopped by Peggy's! She loves you so much! I know you love her too! I hope you road angels are keeping up with you two. I sent ya an email. Love you.