Saturday, June 12, 2010

Everything Else Has to Wait!

This 1860's walnut store cupboard, is amazing... It hails from a central Illinois Store... It's back, is as wonderful as it's front.... All square nailed, hand champhored panels, on the base... oh my... The drawers are all hand dovetailed...{ with lots of mouse chews... If I were a mouse, I'd find this Old Cupboard, quite tasty, too!!!} The doors are pegged... it has 'finger pulls', on the underside of the drawer fronts...It has many dividers, and slots, inside the top.... It also has a full bottom, on the base... It is beyond Amazing... Totally 'as found', { except for the ugly new pieces on the back. recently put there, so the top won't move on the base...They Are Goin!} It measures about 8 feet wide, and 80 inches tall... I'll be summarizing the New Orleans Adventure, either tomorrow, or Monday....it's a little after 10 p.m., Allyson and I antiqued all the way home, today... We travelled from New Orleans, to 30 miles west of St. Louis, yesterday, then had great fun, trippin' our way home... I have to be up, bright and early... Dale F. and I are headed 4 hours south, to pick up this amazing cupboard, I purchased today...{ along with other great finds!}Much more later! Barb C.

2 comments:

cconz said...

I can't wait to hear about the trip. The cubboard is GORGEOUS. I want, i want.

Betty G said...

That is beautiful! I would love to fill that with all of my treasures. So cool! Luv~Betty