Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Confessions....

I Gotta Tell Ya.....
I was pretty busy, yesterday, with folks just poppin in... I'm not usually open on Monday's... But, I'm not open, on the days I'm supposed to be here... so... what the heck... If I'm here... I'm OPEN!
Anyway, I was visiting with Patty, {fern hill}, as a couple of very nicely dressed gals, driving a very nice car, were shopping... They came walking out of the shop, with my plaque, that was set in a display, tacked to the door, not for sale... and the one gal, held her fist up, to me, that was clenching two, dollar bills... and said, " I'll give you 2 dollars for this... here"... and was attempting to walk right past us, while throwing the money at me... REALLY!!!! I said, laughing, ah, no you won't... she said, "oh yeah, I will... here"... I about dropped... I took the plaque out of her clutches, and said, ah... this isn't for sale...It's never been for sale.... She said how much one of her friends would just love it... I kept walking... Grabbed my drill... proceeded to screw it to the door... Oh MY!!!!
Just had to share!
See Ya..
Barb C.

5 comments:

Virginiarose said...

amazing G

Anonymous said...

Oh my is right. Thank god for power tools!

sue in mexico mo said...

Never a dull moment, is there? LOL

Lisa said...

Wozer - the nerve!!! Not only to assume that the item (not priced)was for sale, but that they could throw down a few dollar bills, and just walk off with it??? It takes all kinds, I guess.

Betty G said...

Oh my! The nerve of some people! And women can be the worst! That gal was something else. You handled that awkward situation extremely well. You put her in her place! I'm proud of you! (((HUGS))) ~Luv~Betty