Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ahhh... Old Cupboards....

I went down to John's shop, this afternoon, to work on projects... This Old Cupboard,{the lower one} was one, I really needed to get done... I just love cleaning them... I wonder... if they could only talk...what they might say.... I have said it before, and I'll say it again... I want to keep them all... These early cupboards, are all hand done, not mass produced, so, there is only one, just like it... you'll never see them in a row, looking just like it's neighbor... They all have their own little personalities, wounds, and scars... just like us... I love the old paint... with all of the beautiful character... And Blue, is coming back, hard... Hmmm... I don't have any 'Blue' in the house right now... Maybe if this Sweetie doesn't find a home, this Spring, I'll shove some things around, and make it a keeper! The Gnarly Old Cupboard, at the top of the page, was one I should have kept... It found a wonderful home, in a Bed and Breakfast, in Minnesota... That was a sad day... It was at it's last show, before finding a permanent home, in our house... Boo Hoo... Oh well... I'm sure it is singing, in it's new home.... Ahhh... the one, that got away...
'til next time,
Barb C.

2 comments:

cconz said...

The top cubboard is a beauty!!! If i had it, it would'nt be going anywhere. I'd be a horrible antique dealer. A poor one.I'd have to keep it all.

A Wild Thing said...

Cathie is a horrible antique dealer...I know, we started the shop FRIENDS together...she just coudn't part with anything and wanted to keep everything she found...she cracks me up, love her and Bill to death, but it is the name of the game, dammit, it's just not fair...I want all of your cupboards too!!!

And yes, I've been noticing more blues coming into fashion again, as well as the aqua blues...love it with all the whites!

See ya sista!!!