Friday, January 22, 2010

The Diagnosis: Vertigo...

Well... I finally broke down, and went to see the Doc... I have been trying to get stuff ready, for the show, and thank God, for John... I have been pretty miserable.... The Doc called it something else, then shortened it up, to something I can understand...Vertigo... If you have never had it, I hope you never do... Every time I stand up, or sit down, or lay down, or look up... The whole world spins...oh yes...spins, I mean 'Silly Silo' spin! Poor Polly, {my beloved hound} when we climb into bed, I am o.k, for a second, or two, and think I'm o.k.... Ah, not so much...I am spinning so fast, I grab a hold of my head, and she knows something is wrong, and tries to nuzzle up, under my hands, and all I can do is try and push her away, and keep hold of my spinning head!{ that really isn't spinning at all, but it feels like it is going to spin right off my neck!!!} What a mess! The Doc says I don't have a neurological problem, and this was probably brought on by a virus, so, in a week or so, I should be better...She sent me out the door, with some meds, that make me drowsy, but happy, {still spinning, but it should get better...soon...} John asked Mark, if he would come help us load the big stuff, and he did, and promptly smashed his thumb, and broke the nail in half, on a cupboard door...{ the door is fine, thanks to the 'cush' from Mark's thumb...} I sent him on his way... He was in agony, and he still has to load, too... We will go help him, in the morn... Ah, the life of an Antiques Dealer... So I'll be swaying 'to and fro', Mark will be single handed, but we will get it done... All in all, I think we are going to have a Great Show! { no matter, these meds have me feeling no pain!} We are working on a 6 foot Amana table, and have several great pieces of furniture going! I packed a bunch of smalls, and we should have a booth full! Hope to see ya there! 'til next time, Barb C.

1 comment:

pollyanns said...

Your booth looked fantastic!!! So proud of you.