Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What a Day...

Peg and I worked til 10:30 last night, and made progress... We need about 10 more days like this, to get it done... Wanda called, yesterday, with some ribbing, wanted to know if we were going to be ready, by Friday...Oh Yea.... It will be done, Peg and I and the Shop, will definitely be done....
We went to Peg's favorite 'quarter Tuesday', at Goodwill! Oh my gosh, that girl was in Heaven! She and my sister Chery, would have been the very best of friends... They raised their kids with 'Goodwill' stuff. My mom too, my daughter, Liz, made her prom dress, and outfit, from Goodwill! I told Liz, I would give her 200.00, for prom, if she wanted a four hundred dollar dress, she would have to save the rest herself. Or, if she did some creative shopping, she could keep anything that was left. Her whole attitude changed. She was, at first, quite upset, because I wouldn't buy her that 400.00 gown, but then she thought, hey, I could have some extra dough, out of this deal... Liz had less than 40.00, in her entire outfit, and was stunning... {including new shoes, she found on sale!} Now she is a hard core, Goodwill shopper!
When we were done, raiding the racks, at Goodwill, we came home, and dug in... It is still, un passable, almost everywhere, in the store. But we moved in a big Corner Cupboard, Pie Safe, Wonderful Pine Table, 2 counters, Green Amana Cupboard, and went through Quilts, and throws, got almost every hanging piece up, it was a long, long day...
Peg gave a wonderful gift, to John...One of her apple gourd's, that she had painted, just for him...With a baby Robin, on it... To remind him of his great success, with the little Robin, he had rescued, this spring... We have all tried to save the little critters, but most of the time, they don't make it... John was determined, and about every 2 hours, he would feed the little guy. He spent around 50.00, in night crawlers, but he made it! The image above, is of the little Robin, during one of his many meals! Like Peg wrote, on the gourd, {eat and poop} that's what they do! John loved the beautiful piece of art work... It is amazing... And so are both of them...
Barb C.
P.S. I will be taking images of the store, when I can stand back far enough, to capture them...Soon, soon...

1 comment:

pollyanns said...

Can't wait to see the pictures... If you haven't heard yet, MV is having its "Magical Night" tomorrow night. If you happen to have a few customers, I would really appreciate your sending them our way. I'll do the same this weekend... Hoping to see you sometime on Friday... time will tell.
Love ya - Pol