Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's the Memory, of an Old Christmas Card...

I sat down, yesterday, and began to write Christmas Cards... This is such a sentimental time of year... As I go through the lists, and old cards, that I have saved, I laugh, cry, and see that I still haven't spent any time, with so many, we each promise, every year to get together with... I see the list a little shorter this year, some of my dearest friends, are gone... I treasure the memories, and can see their faces, as I read the lovely cards, and notes, with Holiday Greetings... I also see, the new friends, that have entered my life, in the last year... They have been such a joy... The ones I have known for years, but really got to know, this year... All Blessings... This time of year, always makes me reflect... It's a 'humbling' time... Life can be filled with chaos, but if you sit still, for a moment, and reflect...Life truly is an amazing journey...Filled with many facets, that sparkle and shine, if you simply take a moment to see them... It's better than the 4th of July... Barb C.

1 comment:

summersundays-jw said...

I've had such loss in my life this year that I don't feel up to sending Christmas cards. Think I'll give it a year & then consider sending some again. It will be strange just to sign my name after 42 yrs. of signing Mike & Jan. Jan