Wednesday, November 18, 2009

On The Run...and Down to the Wire....

I will be posting images, later today...{ sorry Laura, I will get it on, and hopefully you will see it, before Dale picks up the trailer, around 3:30} I was running in so many directions, yesterday, I even thought it was Monday...ALL DAY!!!! All the furniture is looking amazing... The Harvest Table turned out Way better than I even could have imagined!{ John did a wonderful job, and it is beautiful...} I am still hunting early, formal, high back chairs... I have one.... to go at the end of the table... all I really need is one more, for the other end... I might pull one out of my house...{ Rats!} Big Daddy, {John} and I un-loaded the 6, 300 pound limestone columns... { The party that was interested, sent her husband to look at them... he ran fast!} {Wimp} They are amazing, and we really didn't have much trouble with them, my two wheeled dolly, well, it was a God Send... I have had it for years, and it truly has carried some heavy, heavy stuff! It has turned from 'red' to 'pink' over the years, and we get teased about it all the time... Tuff! It may be 'girlie' but it gets the job done well!{ I have had this one for 10 years, most of my friends have had 2 or 3, in that amount of time, and don't haul near the loads we do...} It's fully inflated tires, went flat, carrying those columns, but like the 'Energizer Bunny', came back to life, and said "bring'em on!" When you move this heavy stuff, the key is, take your time... Don't try and 'Bully' the piece, I guarantee, that if you do, the piece will win...and you will pay, for days... I read Polly's blog, this morning, and she did a darling dedication, to our new addition to the family... She is the sweetest girl, always so thoughtful, and kind...{ pollyanns} I truly love her... Little Justin Lucas, is jaundice, his daddy was too, when he was a few days old, but since I had a C-section, they treated him for it while in the hospital, before we went home... I know the kids are concerned, but he will be fine... I don't have one thing packed, don't have laundry done, don't have hotel reservations... { we need a suite, or double rooms...no chaperone's going with, so no sharing...} Billy Grahm, in an interview once said, he was never in a room alone with a woman, who wasn't his wife... Good plan, I have never forgotten that... The last two years, my show partners have been male. They are like brothers to me, and I consider them my best friends... However, sharing a room with them, without my daughter, Liz, or another friend, that leaves room for gossip.... I don't need it... Billy had the right idea. Justin and Brandon loaded the corner cupboard, and barn doors, last night, while I was grocery shopping. {I don't want John to starve while I am away... He won't go to the store, or even call out for a pizza... he'd just starve... I'd come home, and find him in his recliner, remote in hand, all starved to death...} So he's set, lots of treats, for his long weekend, without the 'slave driver', barking at him... { he claims he doesn't like it when I'm gone...whatever... he loves it, I can tell, he has the house all to himself...} I know he misses me, a little... It was so funny, the last time I was gone, for 10 days, with Allyson, my neighbor, who I never see, came over to tell me John was missing me... He would never say it, not to me, but I know... I miss him too... Once again, I am up, way too early, I'll be crashing and burning around 5:00... I'm going to run around, and grab the coolest stuff I can lay my hands on, and take a sampling of Christmas Treasures, pull a few quilts, the furniture is almost ready to be loaded, I can't forget the tools, and 'fluff' stuff... I won't have my truck, to run to... I always have everything in that truck...Extra cords, lights, wire, many fabrics and rugs to choose from...Yikes! I have to really think! { and be organized!}{I hate that!} I will be posting later, with images... as soon as it gets light outside... I'm runnin'! Barb C.

1 comment:

pollyanns said...

Hey, sweets! Have a really fantatic show and relax a bit if you can. You've been running pretty hard these days... even for you. Take a moment when you get there to really think about how much you've done and how many folks you have made very, very happy with what you have done. Me included! You are a blessing to me that you will likely never really even comprehend. I thank God for you and wish you nothing but the best this weekend. Focus ONLY on the positive... don't even let the negative thoughts come to the surface. Positive, positive, positive. Period! Love ya