Thursday, November 19, 2009

Oh My Gosh!!! We Found Some Great Stuff!!!!

Dale and I took off, for the Heartland Show, in Richmond, Indiana, around 3:30 this morning, and we are settled in, at our hotel, and it's a little after 7...Ya Hoo! We found the most wonderful honey hole! I was driving, and we flew by an "Antique" sign.... I thought we would turn around, and go back, but there were no exits... for miles... Dale, really didn't want to back track, and said maybe we could stop on the way home... my mind was whirling... I thought, yea, yea, we'll stop on the way back... but my 'gut' kept saying, "go back, go back..." I saw an exit coming up, and Dale was still talking about our trip home, and how "if we came this direction home, we would stop...if the shop wasn't closed on Sunday..." And tho I haven't driven Dale's van much, that darned thing headed right off the Hi-way, and turned around... My little Ford has the same problem... Hmmm. {must be a 'Ford' thing...} So back we go, miles... We walk into the Shop... and it was just like home, only 10 times bigger... and they were running a sale... 30 to 50% off everything.... I nearly died.... Vintage Christmas, Early Staffordshire, Victorian Shadow Boxes, Quilts, Ironstone, Gnarly Oil Paintings... Gnarly Fixtures.... I bought and bought and bought.....And Dale found some cool stuff too!!!! Wow!!! I just had to tell ya! I'll be writing more, about this wonderful day, next week...Oh my! We set up, at the Show, early in the morning, and I am Beat!!! I'll keep you posted! Barb C. I want to thank Polly Ann, I tried to post on her blog, to no avail, this evening...She totally brought me to my knees, with her beautiful comment...Words can never express my humble gratitude... She is an amazing young woman, and I am so blessed to call her my friend... My True Friend... Barb C.

3 comments:

Kay said...

I can't wait to see pictures of all your treasures! Where did you find room in the truck for it all?

pollyanns said...

I love you, too, sweetie! Tear 'em up tomorrow... but get some sleep first!

summersundays-jw said...

You're killing me. I can't stand that you just found that shop along the road -- & vintage Christmas to boot. That's kind of the way we felt when we found your shop. Can't wait to see what you found. You may have to start shipping. Have a great show. Hope you come back with an empty truck except for some of those vintage Christmas things. By the way, I'm going to check out Polly. Later, Jan