Monday, November 23, 2009

Home...

Well, we made it home... I wasn't sure, the last 4 hours of the trip... If Dale didn't have to be to work today, I would have pulled over, and slept... Oh my... It was all I could do to keep the Van and trailer on the road... I was totally exhausted.... I told him to sleep, because he had to be up so early, it was a long, long weekend...
The show was great, but monitarily...not so much... When caught in a 'slow show', there is only one thing to do, 'buy' your way out. We both found several wonderful treasures, at the show, and going home, we found some truly great things! I would love to go back and shop that area again!
{ with a better show behind me, and a larger wallet!}
I think I am going to tear the west side of my store out,{ dislpays, I mean, I need the building.} And fill it with some of the Indiana stuff, re-do, and enlarge the 'Primitive Corner', it's time. I have gathered some wonderful things on this trek, and they deserve a wonderful resting place! I am not sure if I'll start on it today, with Thanksgiving around the corner, but I dropped Dale off at his home last night, so I would have my treasures home, and I'm sure he will want his Van and Trailer back soon. hmmm...
If I can get it all done, I may have a little 'Primitive Open House', coinciding with Prelude to Christmas, in the Amana Colonies. The first weekend in December....
This will be a Big change for the Store, but a very exciting one...{ I wouldn't do this on a whim...but I am so happy with the treasures I have gathered, well, they have fueled me with inspiration!} {Very Cool Stuff!}
{ The image above is one of my favorite things, I found at the show... Pups on one side, kitties on the other... it has lots of cracks, but it is from the 1840's, and I will accept them, gladly...}
Barb C.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barb-That sounds like a great idea, I would love to take a drive over from Wisconsin for a primitive open house. Your blog helps me keep on going!
Take Care, Janet