Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Fun Never Ends....

Wow, Peg and I have been running Hard!!! I didn't think I had too much to get done, before Open House.... I was wrong! My place is a Mess... I thought the shop was passable... Throw a few ornaments in, garland, ta, da, ta,da,...ah, not so much... My main goal, was the front Greenhouse... EEEK! Peg and I have been intense, I laid several hundred pounds of cherry stone, inside, Peg ran away fast, with every load, it is very, very dusty stuff! I hooked up the chandelier, that got wet, this spring, told Peg to stand back... My arm got a good 'BUZZ", and Pegs eyes were as big as saucers, she said a flame shot 5 inches out of one of the fixtures....well, that didn't work....we ran lights and cords, took countless bags of trash out, swept, and cleaned til 9:30 last night... The thing is, the Greenhouse is looking pretty good, but every time we walk back into the Store, it looks like a rotting banana....It looks worse and worse....by the minute... How did I ever think, this was remotely passable....Peg saw it too...I made deliveries, visited Bud, in Amana quick, he had called, and informed me he had fallen off a ladder, over the weekend, and got pretty 'tore up', and will be down for a while... We took him over a peach pie, and 'well wishes', he is always soo active, this is going to be a hard several months.... My phone was truly ringing off the hook! Peg and I were flying, trying to get everything done, we had wanted to cut some more greenery, but had to get back to the store...Folks were waiting on us.... We had lots of visitors... One gentleman from MO, as he was talking to his wife on the phone, back home, said, " I'm at this place, I don't know how to describe it, it's wonderful, ah, I don't know how to describe it...yes, it's an Antique Store..." he turned around, looked at me and asked," how would you describe it?" I looked at him and said..."It's like jumping down the rabbit's hole....in 'Alice in Wonderland' " { The gals from Colorado described it that way...and it fits...} Peg said I really should have name the shop "The Rabbit's Hole"... I am trying to get caught up... but seem to be falling further, and further behind....I don't know where I'm going to go with the half Greenhouse goodies.... It's all heavy, fragile stuff...Some of it will work, in the store, but not all of it! Peg is watching her grand daughter play volley ball, today, so I'm on my own! I truly don't know what I would have done, without Peg... She has decided to stay, through Saturday....BLESS HER HEART!!! I am going to work in the shop, today, and maybe turn off the phone...{ I forgot it in my purse the other afternoon, and got tons done, and had 7 missed calls...} I haven't tapped into the 'Christmas' stuff in the trailer... Boxes and boxes... I have to start getting the load ready for the show in Indiana, next week... oh my....{well,the phone just rang... I will be making deliveries this morning...the shop will have to wait.... the fun never ends....} Barb C.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Barb,
That chandelier incident sounds scary. Glad you are ok. I am planning to stop by your shop Saturday afternoon to hunt for more treasures. I had such a fun time last Saturday afternoon. I made some paper fairies this week and I love them. I will bring one over for you to see. Take care.
I'll say a little prayer for you. Sounds like a stressful, busy week.

summersundays-jw said...

Wish I lived close, I'd come help. I know how that man felt from Mo., that's how it hit us. Don't worry so much. You can only do so much. I still dream of that wonderful painted chest. Did you sell it? Take it easy. Jan

The Nest said...

HI! Isn't it funny how we all just kill ourselves getting ready for our open houses! I had to laugh out loud on a some of your stories! You know that whatever doesn't get done only you will know. I can't wait to come up on Sunday! I am just hoping know one messes with my plans. And, thanks for mentioning my shop in your blog, I appreciate it! I had a great open house & wish you the same!!! Wish I was closer, I would love to help you prepare! Good luck the rest of the week! Amy