Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Ray of Sunshine...

As I was sippin' my brew this morning, I looked up, at the Old Martin House, that sits precariously on a cream separator stand, in my dining room window...It truly is my 'dream house'. I have driven past many old farm houses, that are falling into disrepair, and wish I could take them home with me. This one was the size I could manage. Sometimes, I just sit and dream, gazing at the old house, what I might do with it, if it were my size, and not a cool old house for very lucky birds... It has 21 rooms, with a summer kitchen, on the south side...I wonder if this old house was modeled after a real house...I have had doll houses, that were replica's of the home they were constructed in... Wonder if it is still standing, somewhere, here in Iowa? Oh, what fun it would be decorating this Old Gem... Rope Beds, Primitive, old painted Cupboards, Braided Rugs, Gnarly Fireplace Mantels, a Wonderful old Harvest Table, surrounded by a group of miss matched old Plank Seat Chairs, and a Gnarly Huge Wooden Bowl, in the center, filled with whatever was picked out of the garden....Oh my... Well, enough of that... I don't know what my plans are for today, I need to go visit Mark, and decide what to take to the Midwest Show, next Sunday. If you haven't checked out their web site, do. It's very cool! {midwestantiqueshow.com} I am plugging away on the South Green House... It's coming along... I'll have images, of before and after, when I get'er done! Barb C.

2 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

Dreaming about it is so much easier then actually having to do it. We have sunshine today too & I'm soooooooo grateful. I've about had it with gloom. Have a good Sunday. Jan

pollyanns said...

Hey there... I finally made it to the pumpkin farm today. It was so much fun. Found a ton of great stuff. I'll have fun decorating with them at the show this weekend. Had a little one home today and she'll be home again tomorrow... putting me way behind. I'll make it, though... can't wait to see you this weekend.