Friday, October 2, 2009

The Rain Came Hard... So Did The Wonderful Customers!

You can not keep a True Antiquer down! All suited with rain gear, we had Folks from as far away as Colorado! {they came for the sale!}Those girls really dug in! They are coming back this weekend, to load, and do a little more shoppin! My Fav Des Moines Gals, Laura and Cathy made the wet trip,{ sorry girls, I think my hands were shaking when I took your pic...better next time} and we were bagging all of their lovely purchases, in garbage bags, running from building to building! { They witnessed quite a sight, as I was trotting to the Gazebo, with hot coffee in hand, rain pouring, I slid into home base! Man, I went down hard! A very nice man offered me his hand, I was laughing so hard, I couldn't hardly speak, the man said, "it's o.k., I work with the elderly, and I've seen people fall...., and you did it so gracefully..." Laura and Cathy just stood there, and said "Hey, you didn't even spill your coffee! Great priorities!" I said, "Where's the camera! That shot would have been PRICELESS!"
Peg came prepared, covered head to toe in plastic, we had to get extra boxes of trash bags, for customers, and we had people here til 8:30 last night! More treasures came in yesterday, and will be coming in today and tomorrow! As things go out, more comes in! We have a lot tarped, so way cool stuff will be out when the rain lets up!
I'm suiting up! Hope to see ya!
Barb C.

2 comments:

Lori R. said...

Oh Barb, I had such good intentions of getting that direction today, but last minute changes kept me at home all morning and unable to come in the afternoon. I'll get there one of these days though. Didn't get to go to Sharon's place either... I am truly dissappointed and sorry.. I so wanted to meet you and join in on the fun!!! Hope you aren't too cold and soaked tonight!!
Psst,,, how are you today after the fall yesterday, usually the 2nd day is worse than the 1st... Hope the rest of your open house goes as well as the first half...

Anita said...

Hope it was a great sale...I just ran out of time to get out there...rainy and cold cold weekend at Kane....ready for things to settle down a little....

Hugs-

Anita