Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Pair of Cool Curved Top Windows...And a Great Day!

If I would have written this around 3:00 today, it would have been an interesting story, about my travels to Amana, and a great time with my pal Bud, from Renate's. He had just gotten in some early 'Amana' furniture, and invited me down to take a peek! I had a great time, and harvested a wonderful load, for the Midwest Show! What transpired after 3, that was amazing... I called a man, that had these cool windows for sale, he is from Fairfield, Iowa, and was coming to Iowa City, and we hooked up at a gas station, around 4:00, so I could see them... three and a half hours later, we finally looked at the windows that were in the back of his truck... We stood in the cold, just talking... about what you ask... Everything... Everything from antiques, religion,ghosts, politics, people, attitudes, women's lib, cars, relationships,.... When I say everything, I mean Everything.... The philosophy that was flowing, was amazing... What a Cool Cat... Oh yea, we talked about cats and dogs, horses, men and women, and how we relate.... oh my... He is into Transcendental Meditation, and has practiced this for 30 years... I have never had the opportunity to visit with someone who practices this, concerning this. It was very enlightening. He said I should try and meditate, I laughed, I said o.k., in those spare 3 seconds I have each day, I'll give it a whirl... He was an amazing man. I have studied with many religions, over the last 40 years, when I was a child, I took myself to church, the Oakland Church of the Nazarene, in Cedar Rapids, I have set in with the Baptists, Catholics, and Jehovah's Witnesses. I have visited with Muslims, have friends that are Amish, and Mennonite, in fact, I have friends who are Atheists... I have seen people speak in tongues, and witnessed some very interesting activities. I have never joined any organized religion, however, I respect and appreciate them all. I do my visiting with God, many times a day, He has helped me through this journey, called life... Is there a right or wrong...not for me to say, or judge. I walk a path, doing the best I can, and stumbling a lot... The first stone... I'll leave that to someone else...I am just so thankful to have the opportunity to share thoughts with others, and have one more day to do it... and just breathe... This kind, gentle, and extremely intelligent man, left me with the feeling, that we are not very different in our beliefs, it truly is all about doing the right thing... Remember those Ten Commandments... oh yea, they speak loud and clear, across religions...{ maybe phrased a little different, but still shining through} We are all truly on a journey, and we all learn at our own pace, everything has it's season, there are no coincidences on this journey, we just need to put the 'dot's' together... Make sense? Well it did while we were standing in the cold.... Enough... I loved the windows...{ that decision took me all of a second...} and made a new friend... Barb C.

4 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

You are certainly a woman of many talents. Hope you put the emergency brake on before you laid under that pick-up. Hope you have a great sale -- wish I had those windows. Jan

Simply Iowa said...

Oh Jan...
Talents... all of them come from need... I drive old trucks... you learn, or you wait... I hate waiting... I think the show is going to be great... Wish I could get my head wrapped around it...And, yes, the windows are very old, and very cool! They could be yours...they aren't a ton of money...
Thanks for all the kind words, I truly enjoyed our visit... wish it could have been longer, next time, I'll take you on a run!
Barb C.

pollyanns said...

I can tell your booth is going to be awesome, as usual! Can't wait to see what you put together.

summersundays-jw said...

It's a deal. Next time we're just coming straight there. I know what you mean about getting your head wrapped around it. We have Christmas open house coming up & it's our biggest weekend all year & I'm so totally blank. I'm praying for an epiphany (for me & for you). Hope you sell a million dollars & can get you a new pickup -- maybe you better buy a lottery ticket. Take pics. Jan