Friday, October 23, 2009

A Masterpiece...

I spent the day yesterday, from pillar to post. Carolyn A. brought me out a beautiful, huge Ironstone Platter, to add to the stack I am building. I worked on a few pieces, got wet, and cold... Came in for a bowl of soup, sat down in the recliner, for a minute....and fell fast a sleep... I don't nap... but I did for a little while...must have needed it... I am going to get the truck loaded today, we set up tomorrow afternoon. I will pack smalls, and might pull some Staffordshire out of the house... I don't want to, but those darned bills keep rollin' in! I can't wait to see the 'Amana Christmas Trees', all displayed out...I am keeping one for myself, I can't help it! I am going to dig, and find the absolute perfect, teeny, tiny ornaments for them...I'll keep it simple, yet elegant. I have quite a few smalls, and am not sure, yet, how I will be displaying them. I'm sure it will come to me. It seems like, when all of my favorite things are all gathered together, they kind of just fall into the perfect place... People say I have a knack, for display...they give me way too much credit...it's all about the 'stuff'.... When it's given the opportunity to dance, it puts on a pretty good show! I read Lori's post today {altered glass} and it really brought me out of my slump...if you have a minute, watch her u-tube piece... It got me thinkin' about the word 'junk', God doesn't make 'junk'... I refer to my stuff as junk, sometimes, but there's a story with that...Do I think it's 'junk'...oh no... in fact, it's the total opposite. I love the things, most people consider 'junk', { animals, and people too} Remember, when I said, my Father gave me the wonderful gift of seeing good in things, like the sickliest day old calf, or the 'once loved' old pony, or the gray muzzled, old dog, and the rusty old truck, that the farmer, long ago gave up on, and parked out in the field, to let rust away...Until my Dad walked out, into the field, with a battery, and some rusty wire, got'er goin', and we drove'r home... You see, there is no 'junk', if we learn to see the good in all... It's glorious beauty is there, and more beautiful than words could ever express. I try and show people that, when I bring this 'junk' home... What I gather, are the pieces with real soul, the survivors, that express warmth, with all the years of experience, and endurance that have withstood, in pride, the crooked journeys that life has dealt... You see, God doesn't make 'junk'... We are all a Masterpiece.... and without the journey, the canvas would remain blank... 'til next time, Barb C.

2 comments:

Lori R. said...

Thanks Barb, you said it so well!!! Have a happy day, stay dry!! Good luck with packing. Trees? Christmas Trees? That's called retail, always one step ahead. I just am getting done with fall canning and freezing, haven't thought about Christmas yet... but when I get going,there is no stopping me!!!

summersundays-jw said...

Amen, sister!!! I know you don't see what you do as talent but believe it or not, not everyone can do it. So give yourself some credit -- you've got talent. Also, if you came across your shop on the road, wouldn't you think you'd died & gone to heaven? You got it, girl. Sure would love to see your Amana Christmas trees. Could you take a picture. They're probably all sold by now. Good luck on your sale. Sure hope it's inside -- it's freezing here. Jan